When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Kyrgyzstan and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Kyrgyzstan:
- Pearson PTE Academic Scholarship
- David L. Boren Scholarships
- School of Russian and Asian Studies Foundation
- The International Research and Exchanges Board (IREX)
- TEFL Institute Kyrgyzstan program
- University of Central Asia Scholarships (UCA)
- International Scholarships for Kyrgyz Republic Citizens
- Study in the U.S.A. – U.S. Embassy in The Kyrgyz Republic
- Data Communication Year Long Fellowship at Georgia, Tbilisi
- Scholarships in Kyrgyzstan – BSB Global Network
- SIIT Fully Funded Scholarships in Thailand
- Vice Chancellor’s International Excellence Scholarship at University of Waikato
- International Loper Scholarship
- International ASEAN Language Excellence Entrance Awards in Canada
- International Student Grants at Touro College, Israel
- International Ph.D. Positions in Nonconvex Stochastic Optimization for Deep Learning and Logistics, France
Work-Study/Internships Available in Kyrgyzstan:
- Eurasian Regional Language and Culture Program
- KTMU Study Abroad Program in Kyrgyzstan
- Study Abroad Program at AUCA-Bard in Kyrgyzstan
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Kyrgyzstan. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Kyrgyzstan, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
If a student already has a passport that will act as full proof identification.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Kyrgyzstan.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.