When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Cape Verde and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Cape Verde:
- Dalhousie University Master and PhD Scholarship – Canada
- Humber College Scholarships for International Students– Canada
- Quest University Scholarships for International Students in Canada
Canadian Government Scholarships
- PEO International Peace Scholarships for Women
- York University International Entrance Scholarships for Undergraduate Students
- Curtin University International Scholarships in Australia
- Singapore International Graduate Scholarship Award
- Orange Knowledge Program Netherlands
- Bill Gates Scholarship Program for Undergraduate Students
- Maria Newton Sepia Memorial Scholarship
- Pilot International Foundation Scholarship
- Cape Verde Islands citizens to study in the Republic of Slovenia Scholarship
- Irving K. Barber British Columbia Scholarship Society: Premier’s International Scholarship
- InterExchange: Christianson Grant
- Institute for Shipboard Education (ISE): HACU Scholarship
- Hostelling International USA: Explore the world travel scholarships
- Agricultural Cooperative Development International and Volunteers in Overseas Cooperative Assistance (ACDI/VOCA): Volunteer Program
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Cape Verde. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Cape Verde, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Cape Verde.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.