When it comes to searching for scholarships that would allow students that are both domestic citizens of the country and international students who wish to study in Cambodia, it can be difficult to narrow down what scholarships to pick. We will list out different types of scholarships that are can be domestic or international scholarships for individuals interested in applying.
There are many scholarships available to Cambodian students who are citizens of the country, and these scholarships tend to be from New Zeeland, United States, United Kingdom, and Australia. These countries also happen to have universities or higher education institutions that are considered ‘sister communities’ with Cambodia.
Students that understand and know Khmer, will be able to find hundreds of available scholarships that are gifted to international students who are working in languages and cultural history. The more a student shows their interest in Cambodia the more scholarships they will come by.
Scholarships for domestic students and international students who wish to study in Cambodia:
- Hubert Humphrey Fellowships in the USA for International Students
- Fulbright Foreign Student Program
- United World Colleges Two Year Scholarship
- 5-Year UWCSEA Scholarships
- Sister Cities International Student’s Scholarship at East Tennessee State University in the USA
- Asia Euro University Ph.D. Scholarship
- Paragon International University (PIU) Rector’s Scholarship
- ASEAN-SHARE Scholarship
- University of Puthisastra Scholarship Program
- New Zealand Pacific Scholarships
- New Zealand Regional Development Scholarships
- Short-term Scholarships
- New Zealand Commonwealth Scholarships
- CAMBODIAN SCHOLARSHIP FOUNDATION – For Young Women
- AUPP Scholarships for International Students in Cambodia
- The English Access Microscholarship Program – These scholarships will be used in Cambodia and only offers a two-year English-language scholarship. These scholarships will be awarded to only young Cambodians that come from financially difficult backgrounds.
- Bachelor of Tourism at Mekong Cambodia University Scholarship
Work-Study/Volunteer Groups Available to Study in Cambodia:
- Asian Cultural History Program: China
- Volunteer Abroad Cambodia Phnom Penh Orphanage and Teaching Programs
- South East Asian Business and Human Rights Law
- Audiology-Heart of Hearing Program
- Cambodia: Service Learning Program with Global Service Corps
- A Narrative Passage Through Cambodia
The highest-ranking university in Cambodia is the Cambodia is University of Puthisastra. This university even made it onto a few top colleges lists for international students to study abroad at. There are many reasons students should study in Cambodia but here at a few reasons why Cambodia should be on your learning destination list:
- Traveling around Cambodia is affordable and there is so much wildlife and nature to see.
- One of the most beautiful historical sites exists in Cambodia: Angkor UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Students can stay in what is called ‘floating villages.’
- Medicinal herbs have fascinating roots in Cambodia, and students can even learn about traditional natural medicine that is grown in the country.
- The language Khmer can be easily learned while staying in Cambodia.
For adventurous students that are looking for more than academic knowledge, Cambodia van offer a destination that may seem too good to be true. Instead, a lot of the work-study programs available in Cambodia tend to be able understanding the diverse ecosystem that is found throughout.