When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country like Benin, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Benin and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Benin
- Scholarship into Benin Republic Accredited Universities
- KAYJITO Foundation Scholarship
- Delta State Academic Scholarship Program (DSASP)
- ESTAG UNIVERSITY BENIN Scholarship
- University of Abomey-Calavi, Faculty of Agronomic Sciences in Benin Scholarship
- Study in the U.S.A. – U.S. Embassy in Benin
- Hill City University Benin Scholarships
- THE UJA‐FEDERATION SELIM AND RACHEL BENIN SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM
- Czech Government Scholarships – Developing Countries
- Duke University – MasterCard Foundation Scholars
- International Scholarship Program for Africa – York University
- International Postdoctoral Fellowship In Computer Systems Lab · Islamic Center Of Minnesota (ICM) Scholarship
- Cambridge International Scholarship
- Royal Holloway, University Of London Offers REED Innovation Scholarship for International students in United Kingdom
- Goldsmiths, University of London Offers Goldsmiths International Undergraduate Scholarships for International Students
Types of Scholarships Available:
- Business Scholarships
- Engineering Scholarships
- Law Scholarships
- Medicine Scholarships
- Undergraduate Scholarships
- Masters Scholarships
- Ph.D. Scholarships
- High School Scholarships
- Student VISAs
Student Visa in Benin
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Benin. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Benin, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Benin.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.