What available scholarships does Algeria offer, or more so, what does the country look for when a student wants to major in a certain subject? We will cover those options below.
- JN Tata Endowment For The Higher Education Of Indians
- Narotam Sekhsaria Scholarship
- Fulbright scholarships
- Algeria government scholarships for international students
- Chevening scholarships
- Jack G. Shaheen Mass Communications Scholarship Award
- Global Undergraduate Exchange Program (Global UGRAD)
- Arab American Association of Engineers and Architects (AAAEA) Scholarship Program
- AEF Scholarship
Just to name a handful of scholarships that can aid in helping students attend an Algerian university.
However, the list of universities in Algeria is at such an incredible high number it is no shock that students will be looking and searching for some time to decide where they wish to attend.
Universities both public and private in Algeria, we have kept the original spelling of each university to ensure there is no translation difference:
- Abbes Laghrour University of Khenchala
- Abdelhamid Mehri Constantine 2 University
- Ahmed Draia University
- Badji Mokhtar University – Annaba
- Blida 1 University
- Centre Universitaire de Naama
- Chadli Bendjedid University EL TARF
- Djilali Bounaama University
- Ecole Militaire Polytechnique Chahid Abderrahmane Taleb
- École Nationale Polytechnique
- Ecole Normale Supérieure elbachir elibrahimi – kouba
- Ferhat Abbas Sétif University 1
- Hassiba Benbouali University of Chlef
- Higher National Agronomic School
- Higher National Veterinary School
- Larbi Tebessi University
- Mouloud Mammeri University of Tizi Ouzou
- M’Hamed Bougara University of Boumerdès
- National Higher Polytechnic School of Oran
- Oran 1 University
- Research Centre in Industrial Technologies – CRTI
- Université 8 Mai 1945 Guelma
- Université Akli Mouhand Oulhadj-Bouira
- Université Batna 2
- Universite de Skikda
- Universite Djillali Liabes de Sidi Bel Abbes
- Université d’Oran 2 Mohamed Ben Ahmed
- Université Echahid Hamma Lakhdar – El Oued
- Université Frères Mentouri Constantine 1
- Université Ibn Khaldoun
And in an incredible feat that is not even the entire list of schools, that is a fraction of institutions that have available scholarships and work-study programs.
Algeria actually has a few high ranking universities that made it onto global maps that have continued to rise throughout the years. As a matter of fact, Ferhat Abbas Sétif University 1 was voted as the top school in Algeria for international students to attend.
The normal route students will have to go to attain a scholarship from Algeria would include having a current passport, having the acceptance letter or enrollment letter from the accredited university (beforehand), and a letter of intent. It will be a lot better just in a navigation sense, if a student already knows some of the local language. With the local language being primarily Arabic, there are several languages spoken in Algeria. But if an international student knows the basics of Arabic, they will be sure to get around the country a lot easier.
A letter of intent is all about the student describing why the institution they have selected to apply for admissions, is their destined school of choice. This can be narrowed down to field study subject to excellent benefits like work-study or internship projects. But a student will need to describe why they have chosen a certain school to send in their admissions form.