When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Albania and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Albania:
- Metropolitan University of Tirana Bachelor Scholarships
- Epoka University Bachelor Degree Scholarships
- Master Study Program Scholarship – From several United States universities
- University College Bedër Scholarships
- Tirana Business University Scholarship
- University of New York Tirana Scholarships
- Gates Cambridge Scholarships for International Students
- Ritchie-Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program
- Albania’s One Telecommunications – One Scholar’s Program
- LCC Ukrainian Home Society Scholarship
- Josef Princ Memorial Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships for citizens of Albania
- The Gjergj Kastrioti Scholarship (GKS) Fund
- Youth Exchange and Study (YES) program – U.S. Embassy in Albania
- Fully Funded Nottingham Research Fellowship Program in the United Kingdom
- Hansen Summer Institute Scholarship Program
- Balkan Language Initiative: Language, History, and Culture Studies
- Environmental Sustainability Program in Kosovo
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Albania. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Albania, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student o stay the full academic term.
Things that will be needed to secure a student visa to Albania:
- Proof of Identification – Passport, Driver’s License, or other form of identification
- Birth certificate
- Social Security number or national number (this is different in every country)
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Albania.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.