The Scholarship scheme named Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship is mainly for Domestic, NZ PR holders general Citizens, and international student in New Zealand; good news is the 2021 session is now open for International Students. The scholarship allows Masters level program in the field of Fresh Water Ecology which is taught at University of Waikato.
Hilary Jolly Memorial Scholarship 2021 New Zealand is available to undertake Masters level programs at the University of Waikato.
The following subject are available to study under this scholarship program by interested candidates.
- Fresh Water Ecology
- The value of the Scholarship will be up to $10,000 and will have a tenure of 1 year;
- The Scholarship will be paid in two equal instalments, the first upon confirmed enrolment in the approved programme of study (see clause 1.1), and the second approximately six months later (conditional on satisfactory academic performance).
- The Scholarship is only open to New Zealand Citizens, Permanent Residents and international students.
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must:
- be enrolled or enrolling full time in an MSc(Research) or an MSc at the University of Waikato; and
- be undertaking research in the field of freshwater ecology in New Zealand.
- The Scholarship is open to New Zealand Citizens, Permanent Residents and international students.
The closing date for applications is 15 May each year. Along with the prescribed application form, each candidates must submit:
- a brief outline (300-400 words) of the proposed research topic;
- a personal statement (using the template) that provides:
- details of any promotion or past research activities, such as seminars or conference presentations;
- any publications (if applicable);
- future study/career plans
- a summary of any past or present work/employment history other than casual or part-time positions; and
- a summary of any special circumstance considered relevant to the application; and,
- A brief CV (no more than four A4 pages)
- The Scholarship may be held together with any scholarship, award, prize or student allowance, unless the conditions of the other award preclude this. Applicants should advise the School of Graduate Research of any additional awards/funding they receive during the tenure of the Scholarship.
- . In accepting the Scholarship, the recipient will be deemed to have read, understood, and accepted the conditions of the Scholarship and the Scholarships Policy.
- . The Scholarships Committee has the power to amend or vary these regulations provided that there is no departure from the main purpose of the Scholarship.
- . The Scholarships Committee may terminate this Scholarship at any time, and recoup any balance from any awardee.
- . By accepting an award, the recipient agrees to participate in any publicity concerning the award arranged by the University of Waikato or Sponsor in consultation with the other.
Applicants must request the submission of two academic references, with one being from the proposed supervisor of the research project
The deadline for this scholarship is 15 May 2022