When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country like Vanuatu, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Vanuatu and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Vanuatu:
- $1,000 Undergraduate Government Scholarships
- Eiffel Scholarships in France for International Students
- KTH Scholarships
- University of Geneva Excellence Masters Fellowships
- University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
- Radboud Scholarship Program for International Students
- Uppsala University Global Scholarships
- Jennings Memorial Scholarship Program
- Ghent University Scholarships for Vanuatu Students
- The United State William Fulbright Graduate Scholarship Program
- Australia Awards Pacific Scholarships
- Dell Scholarship Program
- Humber International Student Scholarships
- The New Zealand Government Vanuatu Scholarships
- President’s International Scholarship of Excellence – Vanuatu
- Vanuatu-Chinese Government Exchange Student Scholarship
- Canadian Government Master’s Program of Excellence
- Washington State University International Academic Awards
- Fully Funded Clarendon Fund Scholarship at University of Oxford
Student Visa in Vanuatu
When it comes to a student visa, students will need to have the correct documentation to show they are a resident or citizen of the current country they live in.
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Vanuatu. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Vanuatu, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Vanuatu.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.