When it comes to studying abroad and in a different country like Seychelles, it can be a taxing moment when it comes down to researching what available scholarships there are to pursue. From government grants, to university entrance scholarships that are handed out upon sending in the submission admissions application.
We will break down what scholarships and fellowships are available in each country, along with the title of those scholarships. This way it can be much easier during a student’s research when they decide to look up the full details of that scholarship to see if they are an eligible match.
Along with scholarships, we will place any internships or work-study programs that may be readily available for international students.
Below is a list of scholarships available to both domestic citizens of Seychelles and international students interested in studying in the country.
Scholarships in Seychelles
- ETH Zurich Excellence Masters Scholarships
- Emile Boutmy Scholarships for Non-EU Students at Sciences
- Radboud Scholarship Programme for International Students
- Utrecht Excellence Scholarships for International Students
- University of Twente Scholarships (UTS)
- Seychelles (Chevening Scholarship)
- University of Seychelles Government Scholarships
- The Seychelles Island Foundation (SIF) Scholarships
- University of Seychelles Commerical Bank Scholarships
- University of Seychelles – Bonding Agreement Scholarships
- Royal Holloway, University of London Offers REED Innovation Scholarship for International students in the United Kingdom
- The Central Bank of Seychelles (CBS) – Guy Morel High Achievement Scholarship: Available to students who are studying Economics, Accounting, Finance, Law and Banking at Undergraduate level.
- University of Gothenburg Offers Ph.D. International Studentships in Sweden
- La Trobe University Offers Regional Victoria Experience Bursary for International Students in Australia
- Aalto University Offers Incentive Scholarships for International Students in Finland
Student Visa in Seychelles
Yes, international students will need to acquire a student visa before arriving in Seychelles. As standard procedure it is easier on the student to acquire a student visa before arriving so there is no problems with crossing the border into the country. At times, it can be difficult for student upon arrival if they do not have all of their paperwork stating which university they are attending in Seychelles, or what they intend to study. Along with not having a student visa to all the student to stay the full academic term.
Learn the Local Language
This is one of the bigger points for any country. Each country releases a huge amount of ‘language scholarships’ that is dedicated to the students who are currently learning the local language and who intend to pursue a higher education in the cultural history of Seychelles.
Each country will have a language proficiency exam to place ethe student in classes where they are familiar with the language. This is a regular occurrence to ensure that the student does not immediately fall behind in their coursework because simply they do not understand the language.
Most universities will place international students into free language programs so the students can begin basic level exercises to help them to learn the local or official language of the country.