Applying for scholarships can be a daunting task, but it is an essential step toward achieving your academic goals. Scholarships provide financial assistance to students who may not have the means to pay for their education, and they can help you focus on your studies without worrying about the financial burden. In this blog post, we will discuss the steps you should take to apply for scholarships.
- Start your search early: It is important to start your scholarship search early to give yourself enough time to find scholarships that are relevant to your field of study and qualifications. You can search for scholarships on the internet, ask your academic advisor, or check with your school’s financial aid office.
- Read the eligibility requirements carefully: Once you have identified scholarships that you are interested in, it is essential to read the eligibility requirements carefully. Make sure you meet the criteria before applying. Some scholarships have strict requirements, such as a certain GPA, major, or nationality.
- Gather all necessary documents: Scholarship applications require various documents such as transcripts, essays, letters of recommendation, and financial statements. Make sure you have all the necessary documents ready before applying. You may need to request official transcripts or letters of recommendation from your professors or academic advisors.
Scholarships for dreamers are awarded by TheDream.Us organization, which supports children of immigrants in the United States financially and in various ways.
They are a new opportunity to continue their studies in secondary schools and community colleges for those dreamers who want to expand their knowledge.
It is intended for highly motivated students who have serious financial problems. Although it takes into account the results obtained in exams, it places a lot of emphasis on the commitment that the interested party shows toward community service.
The Dream US National Scholarships
This support offers the possibility of studying at the university level. It has about 80 partner universities in various states and in Washington DC
These institutions are committed to helping participants to begin a fulfilling student life.
Who can participate in these scholarships for dreamers?
Those who meet the following requirements:
- Have graduated or plan to graduate from high school by the end of the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Have earned a GPA of 2.5 or better, on a 4.0 scale for community college graduates.
- They wish to enroll in a bachelor’s degree program or one offered by the universities or community colleges associated with the Scholarships. They must do so no later than the spring term in the 2024-2025 academic year.
- Are eligible to enroll in one of the universities associated with the program.
- Have a DACA or TPS certificate. In case they do not have it, they must certify that they can obtain DACA, complying with the criteria guidelines.
- Have arrived in the United States before their 16th birthday.
- Have resided in the United States from November 1, 2018, to the present and do not have legal status.
- Additionally, they have economic needs.
- Those who have applied to or have been part of a four (4) year study or bachelor’s degree program are not eligible.
- Nor if you earned more than 21 credits at a community school.
What universities or community colleges can you choose to attend?
There are certain universities and community colleges associated with the program. They will provide help to the scholarship holder so that he can successfully navigate his academic life.
However, some institutions in the states of Arizona, Illinois, Virginia, and Washington have special requirements. For those interested in applying for these states, we recommend reading the restrictions on the website.
Before applying for this scholarship, the applicant must have been admitted to one of the associated higher institutions.
To start the scholarship application you will need to access the National Scholarship website. Registration is easy.
Once there, you will present your academic information and inform which partner university institution you would like to attend. In addition, they will provide different transcripts depending on whether they are high school graduates, GED graduates, or community college graduates.
Additionally, you will mention your financial situation to help understand the status and your need for a scholarship to continue studying.
It will also inform you if you are part of any community service or volunteering.
Students who choose to have an associate degree will benefit from tuition and study expenses coverage of up to USD 16,500.
Those who decide to do an undergraduate degree at one of the partner universities will get up to USD 33,000.
What dates must be taken into account?
The Application closing date is 28, 2024. Selected fellows will be notified by the end of April 2024.
If you have any additional questions, you can contact [email protected].