If you are looking for an opportunity to start an exciting career with the World Bank Group, the Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a unique opportunity for young talents who have a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating roles. technical and managerial staff at the World Bank Group (WBG).
The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals, trained in areas relevant to the WBG’s operations/techniques, such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others.
To be competitive in this highly selective program, candidates must demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership skills.
What you need to know about the World Bank’s Young Professionals Program 2022
Each year, about 45 applicants are accepted into the program. Young professionals are offered a renewable five-year contract, spend 24 months in a structured development program, and enjoy a variety of benefits and opportunities.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY
This opportunity is open to young professionals who have the vision to work with the world bank group.
United States of America and France.
NATIONALITY OF ELIGIBILITY:
This opportunity is open to all nationalities.
World Bank Young Professionals Program Eligibility
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a country that is a member of the World Bank Group
- Born on or after October 1, 1986
- A Ph.D. or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
Fluency in English
- Full command of one or more of the WBG working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish.
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical / Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to ongoing academic development or study at the doctoral level
To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly recommended:
- Show a commitment and passion for international development
- Possesses outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent customer engagement and team leadership skills
- Have experience of an international developing country
APPLICATION PROCESS for the World Bank Young Professionals Program
- The application for the 2022 Selection Process for the World Bank Young Professionals Program is open from June 14 to July 31, 2022.
- Before applying, make sure that:
- You meet the minimum eligibility requirements for the Young Professionals Program and,
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates / Transcripts, Doctoral Thesis / Master’s Thesis Topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
Application Deadline: July 31, 2022
The competition is sharp. We receive thousands of applications for a limited number of positions. Most of the candidates exceed the minimum criteria.
Agriculture and Related Sciences
Arts and Culture
Architecture and Environmental Design
Business and Management
Computer and Information Sciences
and many more offered by the institution
World Bank Young Professionals Program Timeline
- June July: Application period
- June-September: Application review to ensure applicants meet eligibility criteria. Update of the status of all candidates (candidates who advance to the second round and those who do not advance)
- October: Technical review of the second-round candidates. This review takes a closer look at the application packages and determines the candidates who will be selected for interviews.
- mid-November to late December: Candidate status update (those invited to interviews and those who do not advance). Interviews at WBG Headquarters in Washington, DC, USA, Paris, and France
- December January: YPP Interviews – Learn More About the YPP Interview Process
- February: Decisions and offers
- September: New YP cohorts begin
The application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
Use Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser. You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk—*—are required).