Going to college shapes your future more specifically. It gives you a great experience that is not found outside the classroom. Now, studying abroad gives you an even broader horizon and builds a deep culture of experience across borders.
Therefore, studying at schools like Wichita Area Technical College requires you to know everything there is about such schools, their tuition costs, cost of living, available scholarships, campus life, graduate and undergraduate programs, etc. to be better prepared for such a wealth of experience.
Knowing all this will also allow you to be better prepared for the study experience. Hopefully, this post will give you the information you’ll need to excel at Wichita Area Technical College.
It is also important to mention that you can attend Wichita Area Technical College and earn a WSU Tech certificate at almost no cost with the Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships. Isn’t that amazing?
In this post, the Pick A Scholarship brings you up-to-date information on everything you need to know Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships and Tuition Fees 2022.
What is the history of Wichita Area Technical College?
Wichita State University Campus of Applied Science and Technology (WSU Tech), formerly known as Wichita Area Technical College is a public community college in Wichita, Kansas. It was known as the Wichita Area Technical College prior to its affiliation with Wichita State University.
Furthermore, WSU Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission, coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) and governed by the Sedgwick County Board of Education and Technical Training Authority (SCTETA).
The school also operates four different campuses in the Wichita metropolitan area. Its main campus is the National Center for Aviation Training (NCAT).
WSU Tech is a different kind of university that changes lives by training people for high-paying, high-demand jobs. The school works hand-in-hand with employers to determine their job needs in contemporary and futuristic ways so students graduate with the right skills.
WSU Tech is accredited by the Higher Education Commission and is governed by the Kansas Board of Regents. Many credits earned at WSU Tech easily transfer to other universities.
How much does WSU Tech cost per semester?
Tuition costs vary by program. 2022 tuition for general education courses is $75 per credit hour and fees are $41 per credit hour.
Tuition for non-Kansas residents and out-of-state students is an additional 20% of the in-state tuition rate and tuition for international students is an additional 30% of the in-state tuition rate.
Please note that WSU Tech reserves the right to adjust tuition and fees without notice, subject to approval by the WSU Tech Industry Advisory Board.
How can I get into Wichita Area Technical College? (WSU TECHNOLOGY)?
As WSU TECHNOLOGY clearly states, the Steps to Enroll in Wichita Area Technical College are simply;
You can submit a free application for admission. However, a physical visit to the school campuses is a better way to find out if WSU Tech is right for you. You can schedule a campus tour here .
Some students may be required to take a test to determine which courses they are ready to take. You can check with your assigned Academic Tutor to see if you are exempt from the test.
3. Financial aid
You may need financial aid to attend school, you can apply. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by visiting the official financial aid website. Explore more scholarship options and ways to pay for college here.
Please complete the checklist specific to the program you wish to study. Checklists can be found on the individual program pages. Visit our Study Programs page to view all degree and certificate options.
You can schedule your counseling appointment right away by visiting wsutech.edu/contact or by visiting an academic advisor at any of the school’s enrollment centers.
What is Wichita Area Technical College Graduation Success? ?
Wichita Area Technical College Graduation Success is;
- Freshman Retention: 66%
- Average salary after graduation: $32,000
Does WSU Tech have a student payment plan?
WSU Tech offers a payment plan as an option. WSU Tech’s payment plan allows students to pay tuition in monthly installments when they enroll in fall, spring, and summer programs.
There are no interest or finance charges, but an initial payment is due at the time of payment plan request, plus a non-refundable registration fee of $30 per semester. WSU Tech accepts cash, check, money order, MasterCard and Visa. The remaining balance will be divided into monthly payments due on the fifth day of each month.
Note: Certificates and titles will not be awarded until full payment is made.
What students need to know about the WSU Tech payment plan:
- Students are responsible for the full amount of tuition, fees, materials, and other charges on their account that are deferred unless officially withdrawn and/or withdrawn within the refund period (see catalog, student handbook or the website).
- Failure to attend classes or lack of attendance does not constitute an official withdrawal. Students remain responsible for the full amount of tuition and fees.
- Any financial aid (Pell Grant, scholarships, student and/or parent loans, etc.) subsequently awarded will be applied to any deferred amounts remaining before Students receive financial aid proceeds.
- Undergraduate students notify the business office of any additional courses or pay for additional courses by the due date on the tuition statement.
- • A non-refundable registration fee of $30 per semester and a required down payment (25 or 50 percent, depending on when you enrolled) is due at the time of payment plan request.
- For any changes, students should contact the WSU Tech business office.
- College students may not be able to register for classes if there are outstanding balances on their accounts. Accounts may be turned over to collections if not paid.
- For additional payment plan information, please contact the business office at 316.677.9400
Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships and Tuition Fees 2022
Wichita State University Tech is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC), coordinated by the Kansas Board of Regents (KBOR) which is governed by the Sedgwick County Board of Technical Education and Training Authority (SCTETA).
Its Division of Workforce Education offers training for businesses and industries in south-central Kansas. Modified business training includes business and technical training, as well as long-term education courses, in addition to professional services.
WSU Tech works hand-in-hand with employers to determine their job needs now and in the future, thus graduating our students with the right skills.
Wichita Area Technical College History
In 2013, WATC was the only state university in the Wichita area with fall enrollment growth, reaching approximately 2,935 students.
For 2018, the affiliation between WATC and WSU was approved by the Higher Education Commission.
Laudably, WATC became Wichita State University Campus of Applied Science and Technology, also known as WSU Tech. The official changes started on July 1, 2018.
Wichita Area Technical College Tuition and Other Fees
Rates vary for in-state and out-of-state residents. Listed below is the Wichita Area Technical College Tuition List Administrative Positions
Price of the sticker for residents in the state of Kansas: $22,649
Price of decal for out-of-state residents – $24,061
All enrollment data comes from 2019/2020 US Department of Education National Center for Education Statistics survey year.
The Kansas Board of Regents governs six (6) universities, coordinates and oversees Kansas’s nineteen (19) community colleges, five (5) technical colleges, and five (5) technical schools.
Within the purview of the Kansas Board of Regents is the organization of policies associated with all institutions and the approval of all programs and courses offered.
Courses can be submitted for approval as needed, and program approvals can be submitted monthly. Institutions that wish to offer permitted programs or courses within the service area governed by Kansas Wichita Area Technical College.
The formal evaluation began in 1999 as a way to measure the effectiveness of technical education. Instructors developed course competencies to provide a framework for assessing the skills, knowledge, and abilities graduates need to be successful in their programs and in the workforce.
The evaluation plan was based on this competition system. The department’s instructors, along with the program’s advisory committees, made few changes to the skills that align them with current job market needs.
This process continues today, and in 2005 surveys of instructors, students, and employers were added as a way to assess program results.
Following the 2006 HLC-NCA visit year, WATC embarks on a revised evaluation process. This procedure allows instructors to use a variety of measures that focus specifically on student learning outcomes.
Wichita Area Technical College Cost of Living
Cost of living indices is based on a 100% US average. Any number less than 100 means Wichita is cheaper than the US average. Cost of Living Index above 100 means Wichita, Kansas is more expensive.
Wichita’s cost of living is 86.3
COST OF LIVING Wichita Kansas United States of America
Usually 86 90 100
Health 99 101 100
average house cost $119,300 $138,700 $216,200
Miscellaneous 97 98 100
living place 64 74 100
Utilities 104 104 100
groceries 90.4 100.2 100
Transport 93 89 100
Wichita Area Technical College Scholarships 2022
WSU Tech offers program-specific scholarships. Along with the institutional scholarship; WSU Tech welcomes industry-backed scholarships from Airbus, Delta Dental, Grainger, Snap-On Industries, Soroptimist, Spirit Aerosystems, and more.
The state of Kansas currently has many scholarship opportunities for WSU Tech students, including the Kansas Vocational Scholarship, the Nursing Service Scholarship, and the Kansas Ethnic Minority Scholarship. You can also search our personalized scholarship database here.
1. The Wichita Promise
The Wichita Promise is a scholarship program that pays tuition and fees for specific high-paying, high-demand jobs. But more than that, the program offers personal career advice from WSU Tech’s Career Services department.
- The Wichita Promise will cover the cost of tuition and fees, for eligible programs, outside of what is covered by the Pell Grant and veterans education benefits for qualifying students.
- Financial aid and registration must be completed by the session deadline.
- The Wichita Promise Scholarship is only available for the specified semesters.
- The Wichita Promise cannot be used in conjunction with any other institutional scholarship.
- Textbooks and tools are not covered and maybe an additional expense.
- Participation is limited and will be granted on a first-come, first-served basis to those who meet the eligibility requirements.
- You must attend full-time and progress through the program in the sequence provided.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
- People interested in one of the eligible programs
- High School Graduates or GED
- You must be at least 17 years of age
- New adult student at WATC/WSU Tech or former JumpStart student
- If you are a previous student at WATC/WSU Tech, you must have a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Must maintain a 2.5 GPA throughout the program
- You must meet the program entry requirements.
- Must be a US citizen or eligible non-citizen with a permanent resident card
- You must be able to apply for financial aid through the FAFSA and complete all financial aid eligibility requirements.
- Other eligibility restrictions may apply, please contact WSU Tech for complete program details.
2. Sixt interns
For the fifth year in a row, Sixt Scholars would award $5,000 scholarships to 5 deserving students for any two (2) or four (4) year course at an accredited university.
Please note that WSU TECH is an accredited trustee.
- Five $5,000 scholarship awards for undergraduate study
- The first 500 valid applicants will be considered
- Available nationally
- A completed application evaluation form with essay
- Copy of your high school transcript
- Copy of the first two pages of the most recently filed IRS Form 1040
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.7 on a 4.0 scale
- Graduated from the last year of high school in the USA, the academic year 2022/23
- Plan to enroll in a full-time 2- or 4-year college
- Financial needs will be considered
It is extended: November annually.
Please note that the scholarship application period will end once the limit of 500 applicants is reached.
As part of CleverFiles’ commitment to furthering the science of data protection and management, they have instituted a designated college scholarship for students who wish to further their education.
The $1,000 scholarship can be used for all education-related expenses while you complete your degree. Click here to Apply.
The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards are the flagship project of Soroptimist International of the Americas.
Soroptimist International of Wichita is one of nearly 1,300 clubs that make up Soroptimist International of the Americas, a women’s volunteer organization committed to improving the lives of women and girls through programs that lead to social and economic empowerment.
- The Soroptimist Live Your Dream Awards are cash prizes given to motivated women who are the primary financial supporters of their families. Award recipients seek to improve their lives by acquiring additional skills, training, or education but do not have the resources to do so. These cash awards are intended to offset costs associated with the recipient’s efforts to obtain a higher education, including costs for tuition, books, supplies, child care, or transportation.
- Soroptimist International of Wichita has been able to award more than $1,000 to various recipients each year. Recipients also have the opportunity to receive additional awards at the Soroptimist district and region levels.
- The most challenging aspect of this program is getting applications into the hands of eligible women. If you are a woman who is striving for higher education in hopes of better supporting herself and her family, apply for this scholarship. You can also find the Soroptimist Live Your Dreams Award on Facebook.
- Click Apply here. This link provides all of the eligibility requirements and step-by-step instructions for completing the application.
The Gene Haas Foundation Scholarship will be awarded to students who are currently enrolled or will be enrolled in CNC Machining at a post-secondary educational institution for the 2022 academic year. The scholarship is valid for one semester and in the amount of $1,000.
All applications must be printed and turned in to the WSU Tech Financial Aid Office by December 20th.
The scholarship will be awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Click here to Apply.
The Kansas Contractors Association offers scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,500 for any student enrolled or intending to enroll for the 2020 school year, in construction management, construction science, construction engineering technology or related field of study at an accredited Kansas university, community college, or technical school. Click here for more information.
The purpose of the Women’s Independence Scholarship Program is to help survivors of intimate partner abuse obtain an education that will ensure employment, personal independence, and self-sufficiency.
This is available to full and part-time students. The application is completely online.
Also, there is no deadline, however, it is recommended to apply 2 months before the start date of the program. The scholarship amount ranges from $250 to $2,000 per school term.
Applicant must identify a non-profit domestic violence victim service provider who is willing to sponsor her for this program. You must have worked with the sponsor for at least 6 months.
Scholarships from this foundation are for children of members of the Marine Corps and Navy who are pursuing post-secondary education at any accredited school, whether it is a technical school, community college, or four-year university.
For specific questions, please contact Steven Peterson, Director of Operations and Director of Scholarship Programs at 571-384-2790 or via email: [email protected].
Awarded through the Kansas Board of Regents to non-traditional gender students (eg, men in nursing, women in welding, etc.).
Four $1,000 scholarships are available: 2 will be awarded to high school seniors entering non-traditional higher education programs in the fall, and 2 will be awarded to higher education students entering or continuing enrollment in the semester. of autumn
Finally, it is very important that you carefully review all of the information about WSU TECH contained herein. In this way, you will have more advantages to being admitted to the school.
On the subject of scholarships, I always advise applicants to apply for as many as possible. The justification for this thought is unique because the more scholarships you apply for, the more willing you are to be selected for one or more.
In the meantime, click here for more scholarships for WSU TECH students.