The Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships are prestigious scholarships offered by the Lee Kong Chian School of Business at Singapore Management University (SMU). These scholarships support outstanding individuals pursuing their doctoral studies in business-related disciplines. While specific details might change over time, here are some general features of the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships:
- Coverage: The scholarship typically provides a full tuition fee waiver, a monthly stipend for living expenses and other allowances or grants.
- Research Focus: The scholarships often focus on supporting research in
various business-related fields, such as Management, Marketing, Finance, Economics, Operations Management, and more.
- Ph.D. Programs: The scholarships are usually meant for candidates applying to
Ph.D. programs offered by the Lee Kong Chian School of Business at SMU.
- Academic Excellence: Recipients of these scholarships are expected to have a
strong academic record and the potential to excel in their chosen field.
- Research Potential: The selection process often considers the applicant’s
research proposal, academic achievements, and potential to contribute to advancing knowledge in their study area.
- Leadership and Contributions: Scholarship recipients often
have demonstrated leadership qualities, a commitment to research, and contributions to their academic or professional communities.
- No Bond Requirement: Notably, the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships are
bond-free, meaning recipients are not obligated to work for a specific period after
completing their studies.
It’s essential to visit the official website of the Lee Kong Chian School of Business or
Singapore Management University for the most current and detailed information about
These scholarships, including eligibility criteria, application deadlines, and specific
benefits provided. If you’re considering applying, I recommend checking the official
sources to ensure you have the most accurate and up-to-date information.
What are the eligibility requirements for this scholarship opportunity:
The eligibility requirements for the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships can vary
depending on the institution and the specific program you’re applying for. However, here
are some general eligibility criteria that are often associated with prestigious graduate
Scholarships like the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships:
- Applicants are usually required to have an outstanding academic record, often demonstrated by a strong undergraduate degree (usually at least an upper second-class honours or equivalent) from a reputable institution.
- Scholarships may be specific to particular fields or disciplines. Make sure your chosen program aligns with the scholarship’s focus.
- You must be admitted to a graduate program at the institution offering the scholarship. This means you need to follow the regular admission process for the program.
- Most scholarships require letters of recommendation from professors, mentors, or professionals who can attest to your academic and personal qualities.
- Some scholarships may require you to submit a research proposal or a statement of purpose outlining your intended area of research or study.
- Many scholarships value candidates with leadership skills and active involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, or relevant organizations.
- Scholarship committees often look for candidates who have
the potential to impact their chosen field, institution, or society positively.
- Depending on the language of instruction, you might need to provide proof of English language proficiency through tests like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Some scholarships are open only to specific nationalities or residents of certain countries. Ensure you meet the eligibility requirements for your citizenship or residency status.
- Some scholarships might have age restrictions, typically requiring candidates to be under a certain age when they apply.
- The Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships you mentioned are bond-free, meaning recipients are not obligated to work for a certain period after graduation.
What is the total reward for the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships:
The scholarship offers a range of rewards, including a tuition fee waiver following the MOE tuition grant subsidy. You’ll also receive a S$16,000 Global Opportunities grant that can be used for activities like student exchanges, community service projects, study missions, and more. Additionally, there’s a yearly living allowance of $5,000, a one-time S$1,800 computer allowance upon enrollment, and the chance to participate in development opportunities provided by the Student Success Centre. Notably, this scholarship comes without a bond requirement.
How does a student apply for the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarship:
To apply for the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarships, you typically need to follow
- Check Eligibility: Make sure you meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship. This usually includes academic excellence, relevant achievements, and meeting the program’s admission requirements you’re applying for.
- Research Programs: Explore the graduate programs offered by the institution and determine which one aligns with your academic and career goals.
- Submit Admission Application: Apply for admission to your chosen graduate program through the university’s application portal. Follow their guidelines and provide all required documents, such as transcripts, letters of recommendation, and a statement of purpose.
- Indicate Scholarship Interest: During the application process, indicate your
interest in applying for the Lee Kong Chian Graduate Scholarship. This might involve checking a box or filling out an additional section in the application.
- Prepare Scholarship Application Documents: Prepare the necessary documents for the scholarship application, which may include essays, a detailed resume, and additional
- recommendation letters. These documents will help demonstrate your achievements, goals, and potential.
- Submit Scholarship Application: Submit your scholarship application by the specified deadline. Make sure you’ve completed all required fields and attached the necessary documents.
- Interview (if required): Depending on the scholarship’s requirements, you might be invited for an interview as part of the selection process.
- Notification: Wait for the scholarship committee to review applications. They will notify you whether you’ve been selected as a recipient.
- Acceptance and Enrolment: If selected, follow the instructions to accept the scholarship offer and enroll in the graduate program.
- It’s important to note that application procedures may vary from year to year and from one institution to another. Always refer to the official scholarship website and the specific application instructions provided by the university for the most accurate and
What are the requirements for a Singapore student Visa:
The requirements for a Singapore student visa (also known as a Student Pass) can vary
based on the study level, the course duration, and the applicant’s nationality.
However, here are the general requirements that most international students need to
- Acceptance by an Educational Institution: You must have received an acceptance offer from a recognized educational institution in Singapore for a full-time course.
- Valid Passport: Your passport should be valid for at least six months beyond the date of entry into Singapore.
- Completed Application Form: Fill out the Student Pass application form online through the Student Pass Online Application & Registration (SOLAR) system.
- Offer Letter: Provide a copy of the acceptance offer letter from the educational institution.
- Passport-Sized Photographs: You must provide recent passport-sized photographs according to the specifications mentioned in the application guidelines.
- Proof of Financial Ability: You must demonstrate sufficient funds to cover your tuition fees, living expenses, and other costs. This could include bank statements, sponsorship letters, or scholarship award letters.
- Educational Qualifications: Provide copies of your educational certificates and transcripts as proof of your academic qualifications.
- Medical Examination: Some applicants might be required to undergo a medical examination. This usually depends on the course duration and the applicant’s country of origin.
- Proof of English Proficiency: If your course is taught in English, you might need to provide proof of English proficiency through standardized tests like IELTS or TOEFL.
- Security Deposit (if applicable): Some students might need to submit a security deposit upon approval of the Student Pass. This deposit is refundable upon completion of studies and fulfillment of other requirements.
- Visa Processing Fee: There is a processing fee for the Student Pass application, which needs to be paid when applying.
- Medical Insurance: Some institutions might require you to have medical insurance
coverage for the duration of your stay in Singapore.
Please note that these requirements can change, and it’s crucial to refer to the official
website of the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority (ICA) of Singapore or the website
of the educational institution you’re applying to for the most up-to-date and accurate
Deadline: The official deadline is in January of each academic year. That means the next installment of selected students will be in January 2024.
More scholarships to look at are Naomi Rabb’s $5,000 Scholarship, USA 2024 or Fully-funded Yenching Academy Scholarship for Local and International Students at Yenching Academy of Peking University, China 2024.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand, check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered immediately.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays or cancellations for this opportunity.