Are you an international student who dreams of studying at one of Europe’s oldest and most prestigious universities? Do you want to pursue a master’s degree in a field that matches your interests and aspirations? If yes, you might want to apply for the Uppsala University Global Scholarships. This generous and competitive scholarship program covers the full tuition fee for selected master’s programs at Uppsala University in Sweden.
The Uppsala University Global Scholarships are aimed at academically talented and highly motivated students from countries outside the European Union (EU) and the European Economic Area (EEA) who want to impact the world positively. The scholarships are awarded based on academic merit, financial need, and the potential contribution of the applicants to the diversity and excellence of the university. The scholarships are funded by Uppsala University and its donors, who share the vision of creating a more inclusive and sustainable society through education and research.
Uppsala University is a public research university located in Uppsala, Sweden. Founded in 1477, it is the oldest university in Scandinavia and one of the top-ranked universities in the world. Uppsala University offers over 70 master’s programs in various disciplines, such as humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, engineering, medicine, law, and theology. The university has a strong international profile, with about 24,000 students, of whom 4,000 are international. The university also has a global network of partner universities and organizations and participates in several international exchange and research programs.
The Uppsala University Global Scholarships are open to applicants who meet the following criteria:
– They are citizens of a country outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland.
– They have applied for a master’s program at Uppsala University through the online application system before the deadline.
– They have paid the application fee and submitted the required documents before the deadline.
– They have not been granted a scholarship from Uppsala University or any other Swedish university for the same level of study.
Sweden is a Nordic country in Northern Europe, known for its high quality of life, social welfare, innovation, and environmental sustainability. Sweden is a member of the EU, the UN, the OECD, and the Nordic Council. Sweden has a rich and diverse culture with a long literature, music, art, and design history. Sweden is also a leader in science and technology, with many Nobel laureates and world-class universities and research institutes. Sweden is a popular destination for international students, who can enjoy the benefits of free education, health care, public transportation, and the opportunity to learn Swedish and experience the Swedish lifestyle.
The Uppsala University Global Scholarships cover the full tuition fee for the duration of the master’s program, which is usually one or two years. The scholarships do not cover living expenses, travel, or other fees. The recipients of the scholarships are expected to cover these costs by themselves or by other sources of funding. The scholarships are non-transferable and cannot be deferred to a later start date.
Level and Field of Study
The Uppsala University Global Scholarships are available for master’s programs in the following fields of study:
– Business and Economics
– Earth Sciences
– Engineering and Technology
– Medicine and Pharmacy
– Science and Mathematics
– Social Sciences
The scholarships are not available for master’s programs in the following fields of study:
– Fine Arts
– Game Design
– Teacher Education
How to Apply
The application process for the Uppsala University Global Scholarships consists of two steps:
– Step 1: Apply for a master’s program at Uppsala University through the online application system at www.universityadmissions.se before the January 15, 2024 deadline. You must submit your academic transcripts, proof of English proficiency, motivation letter, and other documents as required by the program. You will also need to pay the application fee of SEK 900 (about USD 100) before the February 1, 2024 deadline.
– Step 2: Apply for the scholarship through the online application form at www.uu.se/en/admissions/scholarships/uppsala-university before the February 1, 2024 deadline. You must submit your personal information, academic achievements, financial situation, and a statement of purpose explaining why you are applying for the scholarship and how you can contribute to the university and society.
You can only apply for one scholarship per master’s program. You will receive a confirmation email after submitting your scholarship application. You will be notified of the outcome of your scholarship application by April 15, 2024.
Countries that can Apply
The Uppsala University Global Scholarships are open to applicants from all countries outside the EU/EEA and Switzerland. However, the scholarships are especially intended for applicants from the following regions:
– Latin America
– Middle East
The Uppsala University Global Scholarships are awarded based on the following criteria:
– Academic merit: The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent from a recognized university, with a minimum GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent. The applicants must also meet the specific entry requirements of the master’s program they have applied for, such as prerequisites, grades, and test scores.
– Financial need: The applicants must demonstrate that they have insufficient funds to cover the tuition fee and the living expenses in Sweden and that they have no other sources of funding or scholarships for the same level of study.
– Potential contribution: The applicants must show how they can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the university and the society through their academic background, personal skills, professional experience, extracurricular activities, and future goals.
The deadline for applying for a master’s program at Uppsala University is January 15, 2024. The deadline for applying for the Uppsala University Global Scholarships is February 1, 2024. The scholarships are awarded for the academic year starting in August 2024.