Mobility scholarships for Colombian university students in France.
The Colombia-France pre-mobility linguistic scholarships are aimed at students with a verifiable academic mobility project to France, within the framework of a Double Diploma program at their University or a consolidated individual project with the purpose of helping them reach the level of language required by the training envisaged in France.
PROMOTION OF ACADEMIC MOBILITY
The Embassy of France in Colombia develops a strategy to promote university academic mobility in France.
The Embassy has already launched two mobility programs:
1. Academy of Talents
2. Scientific Women
In addition to the usual ones, the second part of the language scholarship program is launched again (whose first part was in March 2022, with a view to consolidating the profile of candidates for university academic mobility to France and as part of the cooperation
device. In this way, the Embassy of France makes linguistic scholarships available in Colombia with the purpose of helping to reach the level of language required by the training contemplated in France.
FRENCH LANGUAGE SCHOLARSHIPS
Linguistic reinforcement scholarships will be applied at an Alliance Française in Colombia, at night or on Saturday mornings.
The selected candidates will start their (virtual) courses between August 1 and 13, 2022, and could reach up to level B2 (according to conditions; exceptionally up to level C1 if it is a requirement of the destination University.
ACADEMIC MOBILITY TO FRANCE
These scholarships are aimed at students with a verifiable academic mobility project to France, with evidence, within the framework of a Double Diploma program at their University or a consolidated individual project.
What benefits do the Colombia-France pre-mobility scholarships offer?
The scholarship covers the cost of the language module for 40 hours.
What are the requirements to achieve one of the Colombia-France Pre-mobility Language Scholarships?
1. Being Colombian.
2. Be over 18 years old.
3. Be a holder of an undergraduate degree from a Colombian University.
4. In the case of academic mobility between universities with a bilateral agreement, you must be enrolled in the Colombian University at the time of application and take the subjects in accordance with the corresponding study plan. Attach evidence of the bilateral agreement (you can request it at the ORI of your university.
a. Submit the required documentation within the indicated period.
b. The sole application does not guarantee to obtain the scholarship
c. Candidates must have a French level from A2 completed to B2 not completed. These levels can be validated with a DELF, a TCF, or another. In case of not having proof of their level that is accepted, the candidate will be summoned by the Alliance Française for a level test.
d. If the level test shows a level lower than A2, the language scholarship application will not be considered.
How do I apply?
The application form is available at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOiQbn3-WV3hUlr6IcB0FLffujfcvkKQvHbpmFLj_St3kofQ/viewform
What documents do I need?
TO APPLY, YOU ARE REQUESTED TO SEND THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTATION
1. Evidence of your mobility project to France (exchanges of messages with the host University prior to July 11, 2022, or admission or enrollment, etc., Resolution of mobility to France issued by your university in the case of double diploma mobility
2. Current university student card (if applicable)
3. Last university diploma obtained (if applicable)
4. Current university student certificate (if applicable) is the case)
5. Certificate of the level of French (DELF, TCF or proof of the French Alliance.
6. Letter of recommendation from a professor of the University (in Spanish).
7. Copy of the Colombian citizenship card
8. Required application form (available at: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScOiQbn3-WV3hUlr6IcB0FLffujfcvkKQvHbpmFLj_St3kofQ/viewform)
a. All the documentation must be sent in a single PDF file, returning to the order (1 to 7.) of the supports indicated above. The file will be presented as follows: Name_SURNAME_Becaspremovilidad2022, and will be sent to the email [email protected] subject ” Language Scholarship Program Application”
b. You will receive confirmation of receipt of the documentation within 48 hours of sending it.
What else do I need to know?
OTHER ASPECTS OF THE COURSES
1. The selected candidates will buy the book that corresponds to the levels they take; the book must be original, although not necessarily new.
2. The scholarship is granted for an initial 40 hours of class and each module will be extended, month after month, with the fulfillment of all five conditions:
2.1. Budget available according to the composition of the groups at the national level
2.2. Attendance to at least 80% of the class hours of the module (=32 hours/40 hours of the module.
2.3. Module mark equal to or greater than 3.5/5.0
2.4. No postponement of the course
2.5. Maintain your mobility project to France is in force
3. The scholarship is not reimbursable, nor transferable, nor deferrable, it is granted only once and does not constitute an acquired right.
4. The scholarship could cover several modules until reaching the last sublevel of the B2 level course of the Alliance Française according to the conditions stipulated above.
5. Those selected must abide by the Alliance Française Student Regulations and the conditions of this call. For this, the candidates must fill out a written commitment.