The Mitsui Bussan Scholarship program for Indonesia is currently ongoing.
The scholarship is a non-profit foundation established in 1992 to cultivate people who will contribute to the further development of Indonesia and promote exchange and goodwill between Japan and Indonesia.
Since then, two to three high school graduates have been selected for the scholarship each year, receiving support for five and a half years of study in Japan, including 18 months at a Japanese language school, followed by four years of college courses.
Take your time and go through this article, the World Scholarship Forum Team has arranged all the details you need, including the Mitsui Busan Scholarship Application Form and many more.
By 2016, the program had supported 40 people, of which 12 are currently studying. Graduates are active not only in Japan and at home in Indonesia, but also in Singapore and the United States.
After graduation, many scholarship students have progressed to postgraduate studies. To date, seven scholarship alumni have earned doctorates and ten master’s degrees.
ABOUT THE SPONSOR:
Mitsui & Co., Ltd. is one of the largest sogo shosha in Japan and is also part of the Mitsui Group. Its business area covers energy, machinery, chemicals, food, textiles, logistics, finance and more. Mitsui Bussan Commodities Ltd is a full-service pricing risk management company providing 24/7 service to a global client base.
What You Need To Know About Mitsui Bussan Scholarship 2022
The scholarship program has so far seen the successful graduation of 30 former recipients and currently supports 12 individuals.
We remain committed to this and similar initiatives, including beyond Japan and Indonesia, that increase educational opportunities for people who are ready to play a role on the world stage.
LEVEL / FIELD OF STUDY:
This scholarship is open to high school students in Indonesia to study any of their dream courses in JAPAN. It is also open to postgraduate students.
This scholarship is hosted in Japan.
There are other Japanese scholarships available for international students.
You can use these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academic problems.
This scholarship is open to Indonesian nationals THE ONLY
The scholarship provides recipients with support for their studies and living expenses for five and a half years, including the time needed to prepare for university entrance exams.
This scholarship program goes beyond providing financial support; it also implies fine-tuned support that extends to attending to the psychological needs of the beneficiaries.
For example, staff members affiliated with the program meet monthly with beneficiaries to check on their education and life situations and also create opportunities for beneficiaries to interact with other current beneficiaries and former beneficiaries who have already graduated.
Mitsui Bussan Scholarship Eligibility
- Applicant must be a citizen of Indonesia
- He/she must have a strong desire to pursue a degree at any of the universities in Japan.
- The applicant must also be an Indonesian who is excellent in both performance and personality and shows a strong desire to study at a Japanese university.
- He/she must be an Indonesian high school graduate
HOW TO APPLY FOR THE Mitsui Bussan Scholarship
1. Meet the requirement
As you prepare to apply for scholarships, pay attention to qualification criteria and documentation requirements. The Scholarship Program is only for IPA/IPS with a score >= 80 for English, Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Economics, or Geography qualification.
- Organize: Stay on schedule, prepare all documents, and make copies of everything you send.
- Be honest: Don’t exaggerate your qualifications, memberships, skills, or qualifications.
- Follow the instructions carefully: You can download the full leaflet; Selection process and document requirements here.
Please note that they do NOT charge any fees for students to apply for the Mitsui Bussan Scholarship.
2. Sign up and validate your email
The Mitsui Bussan scholarship for Indonesia will open the registration from Monday 21 January 2022 until Friday 22 February.
- First of all, read the step-by-step instructions and follow the instructions to register your email.
- Please check your registered email account (eg Yahoo/Gmail/Hotmail/etc.), then follow the link in your email to start your scholarship application online.
- Please check your SPAM folder if you cannot find the activation email.
3. Fill out the application form
Fill in the prescribed application form on the website based on the corresponding instructions.
- Pay attention to detail when filling in data from school records and other information fields.
- Be honest with your application, any false statement made in the application file may cause your application to be removed.
- After completing your online application form, click submit and print the completed form. Also, don’t forget to keep your registration number.
4. Send hard copy
You must send the completed application form together with the necessary documents via Post (or similar service) to our liaison office in Indonesia by 02 Maret.
PERSADA c/o campus Universitas Darma Persada (UNSADA)
JL. Radin Intense II (Terusan Casablanca), Pondok Kelapa ,
Jakarta Timur 13450, Indonesia
Telephone: (021) 8647373 / Fax: (021) 86900241
A list of documents to submit can be found here
An envelope without the written registration number will not be accepted. If there is any deficiency in the application documents, the application is not accepted.
5. Wait for the test schedule
The 1st selection process, Written Examination (Mathematics and English) held on Sunday, April at Darma Persada University.
Notes for future purposes:
- The official announcement will only be made through www.mbkscholarship-id.com
- Only successful applicants will receive the invitation email to attend the written exam.
- If there is any discrepancy in our official announcement or email invitation, please contact the Secretariat at least 1 day before the exam.
The exam and the 1st selection, 2nd selection, and 3rd selection test are Free, but the expenses, such as travel, accommodation, and others, if any, related to the selection procedure, will be borne by the applicants.
6. Arrive on time for ID verification and proof
If selected, pay attention to the exam time and location.
Also, don’t forget to bring your ID card (KTP/Kartu Pelajar) along with your registration number.
- Seating arrangements will be displayed outside the exam room. Please make sure to check your name/ID on that list.
- Applicants must prepare their own paperwork. (Black pens)
- You will receive the Test Card after ID verification. Keep this card until the end of the selection process.
7. Complete your test
Please arrive 30 minutes prior to exam time.
Previously, an information session will be held on the exam regulations and the selection process.
Good luck with your test.
- Calculator, dictionary, mobile phone, Blackberry, tablets or other communication devices are prohibited during exams.
- Written exam period of 1 hour each for the subjects of Mathematics and English
- Don’t forget to write your name and registration number on your answer sheet.
8. Aptitude test
After passing the first selection; The scholarship committee will notify the successful applicants for the aptitude test by email, which will be held at the LPT (Lembaga Psikologi Terapan) University of Indonesia, Jl. Salemba Raya, Jakarta center.
- Here you can find a list of the documents that will be presented in the second selection.
- These tests would be carried out for the purpose of verifying fitness to live in Japanese society, taking into account the applicant’s ability to adapt in various aspects, including culture, language, daily life, self-sufficiency, etc., so the result is effective to remove. the 2nd pick
9. Health check
After the Aptitude Test, successful applicants will take a Health Check at the designated hospital.
The letter of invitation to the 2nd selection process does not guarantee that applicants will be selected as fellows.
1 0. Interview session
The result of the second selection process will be announced after the aptitude test and status check.
Applicants who pass the 2nd selection will go on to an Interview conducted by the Program Management Committee as Final Selection. The invitation to the interview and the details will be informed by the Committee.
Here, be yourself and show us why you should be the one to win the Scholarship!
11. You are going to Japan!
Applicants who have passed the Final Selection will be called recipients.
You will receive preliminary education in elementary Japanese language and guidance on topics such as Japanese life, weather, customs, manners, etc. for about a month (1) before leaving for Japan.
- The cost of such education and guidance will be borne by the Program. For dealers domiciled outside of Jabodetabekarea; Accommodation fee (board/kost) and transportation fee during pre-departure training will be paid per program.
- The Program would send written announcements of the selection result only to selected applicants (recipients).
Inquiries about the outcome of the selection process will not be disclosed and will not be answered to applicants.
12. Prepare your travel documents
You will need to complete and submit the necessary travel documents to Japan.
The Scholarship Committee will assist you during preparation, including passport and visa requirements.
The list of documents to be prepared and the necessary forms will be informed by the scholarship committee.
HOW TO APPLY FOR A JAPAN VISA IN INDONESIA
Please follow the steps below to apply for a Japan visa in Indonesia:
Obtain the required information:
- Please visit http://www.vfsglobal.com/japan/indonesia/English/index.html
- Contact the help number + 62 21 30418715
- Email your inquiry to [email protected]
- Visit the Japan Visa Application Center (JVAC) inquiry counter
Take a picture
- Visit the website for required photo specifications.
- No more than 6 months.
- 4.5cm x 4.5cm.
- Color photo with a plain background.
- Taken looking forward and the face is clearly seen.
- Photography service is available at the Japan Visa Application Center for a nominal additional charge.
Download and complete the application form and visit the Japan Visa Application Center
- Download the application form.
- Visit the Japan Visa Application Center to submit applications.
Prepare supporting documents
- Visit the website to find out what documents are required based on your purpose of travel. The length of visa processing may vary if the applicant’s documents are incomplete, if the applicant is required to submit additional documents, or if our consulate has to make inquiries to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo. Please note that a visa may not be issued even though all the necessary documents have been submitted.
- Find out your visa fee by visiting the payment page.
- Each applicant must pay the applicable Visa fee and processing fee. You need to pay cash fees in IDR only while submitting your application in Indonesia.
Submit your application at the Japan Visa Application Center in Indonesia. The Japan Visa Application Center in Indonesia is open from 9:00 to 17:00. It is not necessary to visit the center in advance to collect the token number. Please note that priority will be given to pre-booked applicants. To avoid long waiting times, we recommend making an appointment in advance.
- Make sure that the application form and all the necessary documents are complete and valid. An incomplete application will not be accepted and processed.
- Passport (with more than 2 blank pages and with permission to re-enter Indonesia. Please present your previous passports, if applicable).
- Application form completed by the applicant. For the signature part, it must be signed by the applicant (same signature as passport signature).
- Erasable pens are prohibited from use on application forms and official documents.
- A color photograph was taken within the last 6 months (the photo must be 4.5 cm x 4.5 cm with plain background).
- Submit the required documents. The length of visa processing may vary if the applicant’s documents are incomplete, or if the applicant is required to submit additional documents, or if our consulate has to make inquiries to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs in Tokyo. Please note that a visa may not be issued even though all the necessary documents have been submitted.
- Prepare the visa fee and service fee in cash.
- Visa will not be granted if forged or falsified documents are presented. However, the provision of satisfactory documents does not guarantee the issuance of a visa.
- The Embassy of Japan in Indonesia will keep all the documents submitted to us. If certain original documents need to be returned, please let staff know and send the photocopies.
To mitsui bussan scholarship applicants who wish to apply with a proxy
The applicant himself is required to visit the visa center to apply for the visa directly in general. However, in cases where it is included in any of the following cases, or when applying for a lot by a company/organization, etc., its representative (company staff/relatives) can apply on behalf of the director.
- Under the age of 16, over the age of 60, or a person with a disability who has difficulty applying.
- The applicant applying for the visa through a registered travel agency (with the Japanese embassy).
In addition to the full set of application documents, the following documents must be prepared, unless you apply through a registered travel agency (by the Embassy of Japan).
- A representative of the company: the identification of the representative (photocopy) and the letter of attorney signed by the applicant.
- A relative of the applicant: identification of the representative (photocopy) and a certificate proving the relationship with the principle (photocopy)
Note; Even if the application is submitted by a delegated person, the applicant must sign the application form themselves, unless the person has a specific reason, such as a minor or disabled.
For customer visit to Japan Visa Application Center
Please read the Security Regulatory Notices before visiting the visa application center.
13. Intensive language training and culture lessons.
While preparing travel documents for the Mitsui bussan scholarship, you must attend an intensive language and culture class.
In 1 month, you will receive a practical language lesson and you will be able to live and study in Japan.
WELL, WE BELIEVE YOU HAVE ALL THE NEEDED INFORMATION FOR THIS SCHOLARSHIP PLEASE SHARE IT WITH FRIENDS TO HELP THEM TOO.