Japanese public schools are completely free, only meals and some materials are paid for. Private schools are quite expensive and to be admitted to the school, children must pass a type of intellectual ability test. Teaching is always in Japanese, so foreign children may have learning difficulties if they don’t know the language. Foreign children who enter Japanese schools usually need to prepare in advance in special centers.
Although they are even more expensive, there are also different international schools (German, French, English, American…), dedicated mainly to teaching foreign children. Some teach Japanese and English at the same time. Regarding rates and conditions, very changing, consult through their web pages. The school calendar of Japanese schools is as follows: the course begins around April 7-8 and ends around March 20 each year. In foreign or international schools, the course begins at the end of August and ends in mid-June.
Would you like to know how to study in Japan as a foreigner? You came to the right place! Living a season in Japan and soaking up its culture is the dream that many young people from all over the world have to fulfill.
One of the best ways to enjoy this experience is to study in Japan, training or acquiring the language through the different agreements with schools, universities, and academies in the country.
Through this complete guide for students in Japan, we analyze the different possibilities to live a complete experience and not from a distance.
What are the studies for foreigners, scholarships, visas, and basic information that you need to know to travel to Japan as a student?
Full United Nations Internship in Japan for International Students. This high-level academic opportunity offers a unique and excellent experience for all professionals in the world, they will be trained in various administrative areas within the facilities of the United Nations University (UNU).
The full United Nations foreign internship will take place at UNU, Japanese soil. This important program is also known in the world as Junior Fellows Internship. The applicant who is the winner of the international internship for students will be learning and consolidating her knowledge and skills, which will mean a rewarding growth in her academic and professional career.
While you are developing your administrative skills, the UN will encourage you to meet high-level professionals, ambassadors, and influencers from around the world. In addition to these benefits, the intern will also obtain real experience in the labor field and recognition.
The United Nations University provides full access to its facilities, it will be present at each of the events, forums, and conferences. This is a total internship, for this reason, it is necessary that you have a perfect command of the English language and that you are currently pursuing a full master’s or doctorate.
Training at the United Nations University
Institutions where you will study:
United Nations University.
Levels and study areas:
Internship in administrative areas.
Who can participate?
Students who demonstrate a level of excellence and who have extraordinary preparation.
The UN Internship in Japan for International Students offers the following awards:
- Full access to UNU facilities.
- Training in the administrative area.
Conditions that must be met by participants:
- Pursue a full-time Master’s or Ph.D. It is also valid if you recently completed your preparation in these fields.
- If you are interested in applying for remote training, you must have a computer and stable internet.
- Not be older than 32 years at the time of applying for the internship.
- Have more than five (5) years of work experience in fields related to the interests of the United Nations University.
- Analytical and investigative skills are important. In addition, knowledge in the area of advanced computing is necessary.
- Have a high level of command of the English language, spoken and written. For this reason, a certificate is required that demonstrates your preparation for it.
- All international students are accepted, and there is no gender restriction.
- Submit a formal registration to the United Nations internship through the official website of the United Nations University (UNU).
Instructions to apply:
- Transcripts and academic records.
- Presentation letter.
- Two (2) letters of recommendation.
- The curriculum, should not exceed two pages.
- Motivational essay to apply for the full internship in Japan.
- Answer each of the questions asked in the registration process.
- English language proficiency certificate, among those accepted: TOEFL, TOEIC, or IELTS.
- It is important that each document required by the United Nations University be submitted in the English language.
- Among others.
Do you want to be part of the United Nations international internship program? It is the opportunity to apply, visit the official website of the United Nations University and detail each registration requirement to be an official intern of this important world organization.
Until May 29, 2022.
The admission process opens two (2) times a year.