Requirements to study in Spain
- Have finished or be finishing high school/high school.
- Start or have completed the process of homologation of your baccalaureate to the Spanish baccalaureate.
- Have a valid identity document.
- Take the PCE UNED or EBAU international exams.
- Process the registration to the university.
- Process the student visa, only if you do not have a European passport.
Before addressing the necessary requirements, it is interesting to decide what/who is considered an international student and then give way to explain what the requirements are to pursue a university degree in Spain.
Requirements to study for a Degree in Spain as a foreigner.
In the first place, what must be done to study in Spain as a foreigner, and the academic requirements necessary to access the Spanish University? Second, is the admission criteria of each university.
How to study in Spain as a foreigner
the international student
A foreign student is considered to be a student from previous non-Spanish studies, regardless of whether they are Spanish or foreign. Since the term “foreign student” is somewhat ambiguous, another term, international student, is beginning to be used to refer to this heterogeneous group of students with different origins (birth and residence) but who have their studies in common because they are from foreign provenance.
Having made the distinction and clarified this important point, we will begin to use the new term, international student, from now on, to refer to this type of student who wishes to enter a Spanish university after finishing their secondary/high school studies and wants to know the requirements to study in Spain.
Scholarships for undergraduate studies at the University of Salamanca
The University of Salamanca in Spain has launched a new call for scholarships for undergraduate studies in the academic period 2022-2023. They are international scholarships aimed especially at Latinos, which will allow them to obtain a bachelor’s degree in the area of humanities, social sciences, natural sciences, health sciences, and engineering.
The University of Salamanca (USAL), founded in 1218, is considered one of the oldest Spanish universities. USAL has approximately 30,000 students and, as one of the best-positioned universities in Spain, attracts students from all over Spain, Europe, and the rest of the world.
Details of the Scholarships of the University of Salamanca
Institutions where you will study:
Universities of Salamanca, Spain.
Levels and study areas:
- Arts and Humanities
- Health Sciences
- Social and Legal Sciences
- Engineering and architecture
See the complete list of careers available at the University of Salamanca
Who can participate in the University of Salamanca Scholarships?:
Latin American students with nationality in some of the following countries: Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Chile, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Puerto Rico, Dominican Republic, Uruguay, and Venezuela.
The scholarships of the University of Salamanca will be valid during the academic period 2022 – 2023 (from September 7, 2022, to July 7, 2023).
The scholarship includes:
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation and meals in university residences of the USAL
- Health insurance.
The scholarship can be renewed each academic year as long as the student has approved 75% of the credits enrolled.
Conditions that participants must meet to apply for scholarships at the University of Salamanca:
- Possess the nationality of some of the countries named above.
- Be in legal conditions to access the University in the month of July 2022 so that they can carry out the pre-registration process.
Documents required to apply for scholarships at the University of Salamanca:
- Application form
- Passport, identity card, DNI, or equivalent.
- Copy of the pre-registration receipt corresponding to the academic year 2022/2023
- Academic certificates of the studies carried out, with mandatory express mention of the average grade achieved.
- Certified copy of the Act of Tests of Access to the University or the pertinent accreditation. The access requirements can be consulted here.
Until June 21, 2022
Official Page Link:
Undergraduate Scholarships at the University of Salamanca – Spain 2023