The UNAM Baccalaureate scholarships abroad are offered by the National Autonomous University of Mexico, through the General Directorate of School Administration, dependent on the General Secretariat. The call is issued to enter the Distance Baccalaureate level in the [email protected] program of the Open University and Distance Education System (SUAyED) for Spanish-speaking applicants living abroad, through the July 2022 Selection Contest.
If you are Spanish-speaking and live abroad in the Mexican Republic, UNAM invites you to study your high school online.
The Distance Baccalaureate Directorate, DBD, is part of the Coordination of the Open University Educational Innovation and Distance Education of the National Autonomous University of Mexico. As part of its activities, in 2007 the DBD created and put into operation the [email protected] Distance Baccalaureate program, with the fundamental purpose that Mexicans and other Spanish-speakers who live outside of Mexico be able to carry out their high school studies. in your language.
UNAM Scholarship program is a quality, complete, up-to-date baccalaureate that meets all the social functions of this educational level (preparation for life, work, and for higher education), taking full advantage of the online modality to promote skills in students. and meaningful, contextualized, and relevant learning for today’s world.
The [email protected] work team is made up of academic and operational coordinators, subject managers, tutors and advisors, content designers, instructional and multimedia designers, technologists, and administrative staff.
OBJECTIVE OF THIS PROGRAM
Offer the migrant population the opportunity to attend high school so that they can connect with their culture of origin, continue with higher education studies and have instruments to access a better quality of life, as well as greater job opportunities and social integration, both in their country of residence and in their country of origin, in case of return.
ABOUT THE EDUCATIONAL MODEL
[email protected] is characterized by its innovative educational model, in which the subjects are interdisciplinary. There are 24 subjects articulated in four axes (natural sciences, mathematics, social sciences, and humanities) that correspond to disciplinary training, which interact throughout the entire program.
The model, centered on the student, implies a determined social focus, which promotes the formation of learning communities, whose knowledge and skills are strengthened by the intercommunication offered by ICTs.
Integrated curricular design: The texts, learning activities and other resources help the student achieve a comprehensive education.
The development of the contents is based on central ideas, situations, and relevant problems that affect the subject as an individual and as a society, promoting the construction of knowledge and the development of skills that, throughout all the subjects, contribute to the formation of broad general culture.
Etymologies, computer science, and art are presented as cross-cutting content throughout all subjects, to contribute to the formation of broad general culture.
Promotion of cognitive and linguistic growth: From a progressive succession in the levels of complexity of the materials, and the incorporation of around 300 etymological roots (Latin, Greek, Arabic, Saxon, French, and indigenous), as well as technicalities and words of infrequent use, this development is promoted throughout the different subjects.
CONSTRUCTION OF KNOWLEDGE
The activation of prior knowledge, the use of problem-based learning, the assignment of generative tasks, and the evaluations focused on performances are promoted.
Through the use of communication tools (messaging, chat, forums), and learning activities that make use of blogs and wikis, the development of teamwork skills are promoted.
Learning evaluation: Throughout each of the courses, the student will carry out a series of activities on which he will receive constant feedback, which will allow him to know his progress and aspects that must be reinforced, in addition to the fact that the content he deals with is tailored to your domain profile.
Therefore, she will always feel capable of moving forward and enjoying an intellectual challenge. Updating of materials: The online materials are reviewed and updated every six months, to ensure their validity and relevance.
Willingness and interest to study the baccalaureate at a distance.
Sufficient time to dedicate at least 20 hours a week to study
Availability to travel to the nearest office to take the UNAM admission exam (the list of possible venues)
Basic skills for managing the Internet and computer programs
OTHER IMPORTANT ASPECTS
- To enter the Baccalaureate, it is necessary to take and accredit three propaedeutic courses. Once accredited, you must take the UNAM admission exam and be selected to be enrolled in the program.
- 20 hours of dedication per week is required.
You take one subject at a time, there is no fixed schedule and you study from anywhere with a computer connected to the Internet with broadband.
- Friendly and attractive graphic environment, with connectivity for various devices.
- In the subjects, the contents are divided into didactic units to maximize learning from the interrelation of text, learning objects, additional resources, and evaluations.
- The study program does not allow revalidation of subjects from other baccalaureates, so all students take the baccalaureate remotely from the beginning.
SOME OF THE BENEFITS OF THIS PROGRAM
1. Personalized support from advisors (online teachers) and tutors (psychopedagogy specialists).
2. The curriculum map includes 24 subjects that are divided into four modules (semesters).
3. One subject is studied at a time.
4. The time to study each of the subjects is 5 weeks, based on a calendar that the operational coordination sends them.
5. The studies can be carried out at any age and using any device, via the internet
6. Academic development with texts, videos, and audios in Spanish, attractive and updated
7. Personalized attention from advisors and tutors who will accompany you during your studies
8. Always at your own pace: you define the study schedule
9. 100% scholarship and, upon successful completion, regulated pass to UNAM online degrees.
What benefits do the UNAM Baccalaureate Scholarships offer abroad?
100% free online tuition and counseling
NOTE: As a benefit granted by the UNAM to migrants outside of Mexico, the students of the [email protected] Distance Learning Baccalaureate will receive a scholarship, so there will be no cost to take the courses. You will only have to pay for the right to the admission exam, which is approximately 20 dollars.
What are the requirements to achieve one of the UNAM Baccalaureate Scholarships abroad?
1. Have a Secondary School Certificate with a minimum average of 7.
2. Take and accredit the Propaedeutic Training Program.
3. Pass the UNAM entrance exam.
4. Have a computer or mobile device with Internet access.
How do I apply?
You register online, then you will be asked to send your documents by courier. For more details, contact: [email protected]