NAU’s College of Business offers a variety of scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students pursuing business-related degrees. These scholarships may be based on academic merit, financial need, or specific areas of study within business.
What are the Eligibility Requirements for the W.A. Franke College of Business Scholarships:
The eligibility requirements for scholarships offered by the W.A. Franke College of Business at Northern Arizona University may vary depending on the specific scholarship. However, here are some general eligibility criteria that are often considered for these scholarships:
- Enrollment or Admission: Typically, applicants must be enrolled or admitted to Northern Arizona University as a student in the W.A. Franke College of Business. Some scholarships may have specific requirements for undergraduate or graduate students.
- Academic Achievement: Many scholarships in the College of Business consider academic performance as a key criterion. This may include a minimum GPA requirement or a specific academic standing.
- Major or Field of Study: Scholarships may be designated for students pursuing particular majors or fields of study within the business discipline. For example, there may be scholarships specifically for accounting, finance, marketing, or entrepreneurship students.
- Financial Need: Some scholarships in the College of Business may consider financial need as a criterion for eligibility. This may require applicants to submit financial information, such as the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) or other documentation.
- Leadership and Extracurricular Involvement: Many scholarships value leadership qualities and involvement in extracurricular activities, community service, or relevant business organizations. Applicants may be asked to provide information about their leadership roles, volunteer work, or participation in business-related clubs or activities.
- Personal Statement or Essay: Scholarships may require applicants to submit a personal statement or essay that highlights their career goals, motivations, achievements, or other relevant information.
What is the total award for the W.A. Franke College of Business Scholarships:
The total award amount for scholarships offered by the W.A. Franke College of Business at Northern Arizona University can vary depending on the specific scholarship. The award amounts can range from a few hundred dollars to several thousand dollars per academic year.
Some scholarships may provide a one-time award, while others can be renewable for multiple years, depending on the scholarship’s terms and conditions. Additionally, the number of scholarships awarded each year and the total funding available can also impact the award amounts.
How do you apply for the W.A. Franke College of Business Scholarships:
To apply for scholarships offered by the W.A. Franke College of Business at Northern Arizona University, you typically need to follow these general steps:
- Complete the Admission Process: Ensure that you have applied for admission to Northern Arizona University and have been accepted as a student in the W.A. Franke College of Business. Scholarships within the college are typically available to enrolled or admitted students.
- Research Available Scholarships: Explore the scholarships offered by the W.A. Franke College of Business. Visit the official scholarship website of the college or contact the college’s scholarship office to obtain a list of available scholarships, their eligibility criteria, and application requirements.
- Prepare Required Documents: Gather all the necessary documents and materials required for the scholarship application. This may include academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a personal statement or essay, and any other specific documents requested by individual scholarships.
- Submit the Scholarship Application: Complete the scholarship application form for the specific scholarships you are interested in. The application process may involve submitting an online application through the college’s scholarship portal or following specific instructions provided by the scholarship office.
- Pay Attention to Deadlines: Ensure that you are aware of the scholarship application deadlines. Submit your application and required documents before the specified deadline to be considered for the scholarships.
- Follow-Up and Notification: After submitting your scholarship application, monitor your email or any other communication channels specified by the scholarship office for updates and notifications. If you are selected for a scholarship, you will be notified regarding the award and any additional steps you may need to take.
Step by Step Student Visa Process
To apply for a U.S. student visa, you generally need to follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Receive an Acceptance Letter: Obtain an acceptance letter from a U.S. educational institution authorized to enroll international students. You must be accepted into a program and receive a Form I-20 (for F-1 visa) or a DS-2019 (for J-1 visa) from the institution.
- Pay the SEVIS Fee: Visit the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) website and pay the required SEVIS fee. This fee helps support the administration and maintenance of the student visa program.
- Complete the Online Visa Application: Fill out the online nonimmigrant visa application (Form DS-160) on the U.S. Department of State’s website. Provide accurate and truthful information about your background, educational institution, and travel plans.
- Schedule an Interview: Visit the website of the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country to schedule an interview appointment. Most student visa applicants are required to have an in-person interview, so it’s essential to plan accordingly and schedule an appointment as early as possible.
- Gather Required Documents: Prepare the necessary documents for your visa interview. These typically include:
- Passport: Ensure your passport is valid for at least six months beyond your intended period of stay in the U.S.
- Form I-20 or DS-2019: Provide the original copy of the Form I-20 or DS-2019 issued by your U.S. educational institution.
- SEVIS Fee Receipt: Bring a copy of the receipt showing payment of the SEVIS fee.
- Application Fee Payment: Check the embassy or consulate’s website for information on the application fee and the accepted payment methods.
- Photograph: Follow the specific photo requirements for U.S. visa applications and bring a printed photo meeting those specifications.
- Financial Documentation: Carry evidence demonstrating your ability to finance your education and living expenses in the U.S. This could include bank statements, scholarship letters, or financial support letters.
- Academic Transcripts and Test Scores: Bring copies of your academic transcripts, standardized test scores (such as the SAT or TOEFL), and any other educational qualifications.
- Other Supporting Documents: Depending on your specific circumstances, you may be asked to provide additional documents such as proof of ties to your home country, academic certificates, or résumé.
- Attend the Visa Interview: Arrive at the U.S. embassy or consulate on the scheduled date and time for your visa interview. Dress appropriately, be polite, and answer all questions honestly and confidently. The consular officer will review your application, ask about your study plans, and assess your eligibility for a student visa.
- Pay the Visa Issuance Fee: If your visa application is approved, you may need to pay the visa issuance fee (if applicable) before receiving your passport with the visa.
- Receive the Passport with Visa: After the interview and fee payment, your passport will be returned to you with the student visa affixed to a page within it.
- Make Travel Arrangements: With your student visa in hand, you can now make arrangements for travel to the United States. Coordinate your travel plans with your educational institution and plan your arrival accordingly.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
This is an annual scholarship option. The scholarship open submission and deadline date are from January 17, 2024 to March 17, 2024.
Other available scholarships to look at are €10,000 ECB Scholarship for Women in Economics, Statistics, Engineering and Computing by The European Central Bank, Europe 2024 or WEAR & I Fashion Pioneer $3,000 Scholarship 2023-2024.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.