To support international students financially, Shandong University offers scholarships for international students who will be commencing their education for Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Ph.D. degrees for the academic year of 2022-2023. To help the international students with their education the Shandong University came up with an idea of cultivating outstanding students tat excel in their majors and personal career developments, law-abiding citizen, and future leader who knows their responsibilities.
The scholarship for the academic year of 2022-2023 will benefit the international students that will make their education journey more exciting without thinking about the financial barriers that stop them to pursue their education and career goals.
Scholarship Provider: Shandong University
About the Provider
Shandong University, established in 1926 in Jinan City, China the university was one of the top-ranked universities in the world that offers a variety of courses field in any degree. With its mission to nurture talented students in the world and seek prosperity for all nations. As of the 2021 survey, the university has a population of 70,000 full-time students and most of them are international students who are seeking quality education to be more prepared for their future goals.
The university aims to provide a quality education that will unlock more knowledge and skills to every student preparing them for good leadership. Shandong University offers international scholarships to cultivate and establish good relationships with other nations. The global engagement was being supported by the government and International Affairs to implement global strategy towards :
- Supporting the international students
- Offering services and scholarships
- Managing and coordinating the admissions and education.
Nationality: International Students
Awards: Tuition Fee and Stipend
Number of Awards: The number of awards will be depending on the scholarship reviews.
Degree Level: Bachelor, Masters, PhD
Course: Any course or field offered by the University
Academic Year: 2022-2023
Scholarship Access: Offline and Online
Country of Scholarship: China
To be eligible to apply for the scholarship, the international students must meet the criteria given by the Shandong University
- An international students
- Not a citizen of China
- Must have a good and healthy relationship with china
- Abiding laws, rules, and regulation of the Government of China
- Behaving well and must meet all the entrance requirements of the university
- Good and right conduct at any university
- No records at their past universities
Keep in mind that only students who don’t accept any scholarship or fundings in China are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Application Process
The application process must be made through an online portal provided by Shandong University.
The application process must be completed and students are required to attach the following documents:
- Copy of Students Passport
- A high school diploma, the diploma must be equivalent to undergraduate certificates.
- Official transcript of records
- Certificates in any of the degree
- Transcripts on courses
- Motivation letter either on English or Chinese language
- Physical Examination Forms
- Certificates of no criminal records
- Financial statements
- must follow the admission category of the university
All documents must be attached and sent to email@example.com all documents can be filled in an English or Chinese language, both will be acceptable for reviews. Uncompleted documents will not be considered, before submitting an application, students must make sure that all application forms are correct and completed documents are being attached. The students are required to read and agreed on the terms and conditions of Shandong University.
All documents submitted to the university will not be sent back to the students once the application has been placed.
Students must be admitted to the university, to be admitted you must:
- Be 25 years old when applying for an undergraduate program of the university
- Must be holding a high school diploma
- Be 35 years old for the Master’s program
- Be 40 years old applying for the Ph.D. degree
Learning in the Chinese University requires both scores in English and in the Chinese language. Any of the following test scores can be submitted to the university:
- IELTS 6.0
- TOEFL iBT 80
- HSK 4 210 required points or above for the applicants of the undergraduate degree
- HSK 4 180 required points for the applicants of the graduate degree
- HSK 6 18- required points for the applicants of the Ph.D. degree
The Shandong University will be providing an award depending on the course level of the deserving international students. Tuition fee and monthly stipends will be as follows:
First Class Outstanding Scholarship and its coverage
- The first class students will be benefiting from the tuition fee during the duration of study at Shandong University.
- A monthly stipend of up to $100 for undergraduates, graduates.
- For the Ph.D. students, the monthly stipend will be up to $160 per month.
First Class SDU Excellence Scholarship
- The award will be depending on the student’s tuition fee and is valued at up to $2,900 and a maximum of $6,300 annually to cover the student’s tuition fee.
This first class scholarship will be depending on the student’s academic achievements and an extension of the scholarship will be possibly held if the students prove their academic gradings until the end of their course field programs.
Second Class Category and coverage
- An annual reduction of the tuition fee during the duration of their study at Shandong University up to 50% off coverage reduction fee.
Third Class Category and Coverage
- An annual reduction of the tuition fee during the duration of their study at Shandong University up to 20% off coverage reduction fee.
The students must check the category of the scholarship they will be receiving in order to learn about other fees to be paid if any.
Deadline of Scholarship Application
The deadline to complete the application will be until March 31, 2022.
The scholarship committee will be reviewing the student’s application and the results of the scholarship awards will be posted on the university website on June 2022 and the category for each recipient will be reviewed based on the qualifications.
The students will be receiving their awards at the end of November 2022 every year. The International Scholarship will be offered annually by Shandong University.
For further questions and concerns, students can email the Admission Office at firstname.lastname@example.org