To award the high-caliber students all around the world, Curtin University offers the International Merit Scholarship for the international students who want to further their educational journey in Australia.
Curtin is ranked first among WA public universities for graduation and employer satisfaction, and Curtin’s postgraduate graduates have earned the highest average salary of their Western Australian counterparts (QILT Report 2018). The students will have access to leadership programs, internships, and clinical placements that will give them a competitive edge in the job market. Curtin is known worldwide for its strong industry connections, high-impact research, and innovative courses.
They work with some of the most innovative companies in Australia and internationally to ensure their research and training are relevant and the students graduate with high employability. Curtin has built a solid reputation as one of Australia’s most diverse universities. Their diversity is underpinned by our gender inclusion and gender identity strategy, which focuses on increasing Curtin’s commitment to employees and students.
The scholarships are part of Curtin’s commitment to award the students academic achievements, support their research, and enable students from all backgrounds to fulfill their potential. Scholarships are available for beginners and current students at Curtin. Scholarships are more than just financial support, they can increase your portfolio of achievements.
- Academic Year- 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate
- Faculty: Faculty of Business and Law
Faculty of Health Science
Faculty of Science and Engineering
Faculty of Humanities
WASM School of Mines
- Scholarship Base: Academic Merit
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: First year
- Scholarship Award: 25% tuition fee reduction
- Scholarship Country: Australia
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Renewable: Yes
Before proceeding with the application process the interested students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship.
- Must be classified as an international paying fee student of any citizenship except the students from Australia.
- The students must be new students at Curtin University for the academic year of 2022.
- Must be able to be admitted to an eligible course in a full-time program at Curtin University.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Can demonstrate their academic achievements, as the scholarship will be based on the student’s merits.
- Undergraduate or postgraduate international students.
- Meet all the requirements specified in their offer letter
- Meet or exceed the higher academic requirements specifically set by Curtin for this scholarship.
- Pay the indicative deposit and OSHC specified in their offer letter
- The scholarship award will be covering a maximum of 25% of the first year tuition fees up to a MAXIMUM of 200 credits
- You can apply in full for students who have earned at least 400 credits in their undergraduate studies
- This is only 25% of the tuition fee for the first semester for students who complete at least 300 credits in their undergraduate studies
- It only covers tuition fees and does not cover other fees for international students
- This will be credited to the beneficiary fee account up to the point where the study time is calculated
- The credited scholarship value cannot be claimed/refunded in cash
- This may be canceled at Curtin’s discretion if the recipient already has a scholarship or has been awarded any other scholarship.
- This can be canceled if the recipient does not receive their offer letter or does not enroll in their course by the specified date.
- The scholarship can not be withheld if the recipient reschedules his or her education after the June 2022 start date.
- The scholarship can not be transferred to a curtain or partner campus outside of Western Australia or another university
- This will NOT be extended beyond the specified duration or amount unless otherwise notified to Curtin.
- The scholarship will provide successful students with a 25% tuition fee reduction.
The deadline to complete and submit the scholarship application is until October 10, 2022.