The international students who want to complete their master’s degree in New Zealand can now start their application on the Global Alumni Graduate Fee Waiver at the Victoria University of Wellington. The scholarship is intended to encourage every international student to pursue their education and be more confident in taking up the necessary skills they may be needing in the future.
The Global Alumni Graduate Fee Waiver will be based on the outstanding students academic excellence and the reduction on the tuition fees will be for their first year of enrollments at the Victoria University of Willington. The international students who have been paying their tuition fee and would like to transfer to a full-time degree at the university are encouraged to apply for the scholarship.
Undergraduate and Master’s degree students can apply for the scholarship.
Scholarship Provider: Victoria University of Wellington
About the Provider
Victoria University of Wellington located in New Zealand is one of the oldest universities that focuses on the program in Humanities, Law, and other relevant scientific disciplines. They offer a variety of scholarship that is intended for both local and international students who are willing to pursue their education in New Zealand and contribute their knowledge and skills to the university communities and to their home country.
The university will provide the right skills to better equip every student with the required knowledge to face their future and to serve their community. Leadership skills are one of the university’s missions, to create and develop students who can demonstrate their leadership skills and have more opportunities in terms of facing their future goals.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Nationality: International students
- Degree Level: Undergraduate and Masters degree
- Field: All eligible courses offered by the university.
- Scholarship Award: 15-20% Tuition fee reduction
- Number of Awards: The number of students to be awarded wil vary depending on the course and degree level.
- Country of Scholarship: New Zealand
This exemption is open to all international alumni of Victoria University of Wellington returning for full-time postgraduate study, exchange, and study abroad students moving on to a full-time postgraduate study program and students from overseas moving on to an undergraduate or postgraduate degree on a full-time program. . You cannot apply for diplomas, postgraduate certificates, qualification certificates, PhDs and EAPs.
Criteria for the Scholarship
- Interested students must be international students.
- Must be a student at the Victoria University of Wellington transferring in a full-time degree.
- Must be holding an offer for the full-time degree program at the university.
- Good communication skills in oral and written English.
- Good academic merit
- Must be classified as an international student paying fees at international rates and without discounts, accepted scholarship, or any other grants.
The completed online application must be submitted before the 16:30 deadline. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered by the university. All required evidence (including certificates) must also be submitted before 16:30 of the application deadline so that the application can be considered.
The scholarship applications are usually opened one month before the deadline. If no application link is provided, the students can try again until it usually opens normally. The application wil be provided by the university in online portal access that may be able to every student to register and complete their application information.
In order to support the scholarship application, students must be able to submit the following:
- Official transcript of records
- Letter of recommendation
- Offer at the admission office of the university
- Bachelors degree certificates for the master’s degree students.
- 20% tuition discount will be awarded to the first academic year of study at the university total of 120 points, the students must be able to apply within 12 months at the university and must be able to complete their eligible program.
- 20% tuition fee reduction to the exchange and study abroad students who will be applying for the Victoria University of Willington within 12 months of graduating years at their home country university.
- Study abroad alumni who apply and transfer within 12 months of completing their study abroad program receive a 20% discount on tuition fees
- 15% discount on first-year tuition fees (120 credits) available if you apply more than 12 months after completing a qualification program at the Victoria University of Wellington
- Tuition reimbursement will be credited to the scholarship holder’s tuition fee account after the deadline for canceling courses from the given trimester (approximately two weeks prior to the trimester).
- The completed online application must be submitted by 4:30 pm on the deadline. Incomplete and late applications will not be considered by the scholarship committee. All required evidence (including certificates) must also be submitted before 16:30 of the application deadline so that the application can be considered.
- All rejection offers are subject to the recipient being fully enrolled in a regular undergraduate or graduate program within the set rejection criteria and deadlines. The exception does not apply until this condition is met.
- The discount is only given for the first year of study up to 120 points and is refunded on the gross tuition fee paid at the time of enrollment.
- If Victoria University at Wellington has agreed to a tuition reduction with a partner institution, students who benefit from this arrangement are not eligible for the tuition waiver.
- The scholarship waiver cannot be combined with any other scholarship from the university.
- Students who receive full funding from an external funding institution are not eligible for this exemption.
- The University reserves the right to change all or individual awards, scholarships, regulations, terms, and conditions at its sole discretion.
The scholarship will be into different trimester dates, students can check the following dates:
- February 1, 2022- 1st trimester
- June 1, 2022 – 2nd trimester
- October 1, 2022- 3rd trimester
The scholarship will be offered annually for the outstanding international students who will be eligible for the scholarship.
The selection panel of the university will be reviewing all the applications of the students and successful students wil be notified through their registered email at the university portal. It is important to review all the applications and documents before submitting them.