The University of Salford invites outstanding Chinese Nationals to apply for the Ph.D. Scholarships for the School of Arts, Media, and Creative Technology for the academic year of 2022-2023. The scholarship aims to celebrate the creative work of China, by providing support for their academics and opportunities to further their higher education at the University of Salford in the United Kingdom.
International students Choose to Study in the United Kingdom for its world-class education and more opportunities offered for both local and international students. The University of Salford wants to support the Chinese students in their sustainable academic partnership and their research.
Scholarship Provider: University of Salford
About the Provider
The University of Salford was founded in 1967. For over 125 years the university is dedicated to providing high-quality education and research, aims to improve the outcomes for the people, the communities and the environment, and the economy.
In the year 1986, the university was named the Royal Technical Institute, the first college that offers a sandwich degree which includes a year of work experience, the university offers training and provides a range of scholarships for both local and international students.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: China
- Degree Level: PhD
- Field: Creative Technology, School of Arts, Media and Creative Technology
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Award: 10-70% reduction fee
- Duration: NA
- Renewable: Yes
- Scholarship Country: United Kingdom
- Annually Offered: Yes
Before taking the application process, the students must check the eligibility and criteria for the 2022-2023 entry.
- Interested students must be Chinese Nationals.
- Must have an offer for admission at the University of Salford in a Ph.D. Program or current students admitted to a Ph.D. program.
- Must have close links t a partnership or potential partner university or institution in China.
- Must be able to study in a full-time course at the University of Salford.
- An international paying fee students, self-funding and not sponsored by any other scholarships.
- Not applying to a course program where the tuition fee has been part of the scholarship or negotiated by a partnership.
- The country shall indicate the applicant’s nationality as indicated in the passport used to apply for the study program.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English.
The scholarship program will not be eligible for the following:
- Admission to accelerated study, distance learning, master’s degree in social work, or programs where the fee is negotiated with a partner. Exceptions are only allowed if there are specific details on the ethics of the scholarships.
- The students where part of the tuition is paid through a sponsoring organization.
- The students entering the Graduate Certificate International Management program
Eligible students can start their application at the provided online portal by the University of Salford. The application form indicates the required field to answer the applicant’s information.
Part of the application includes an essay to outline in a maximum of 3000 words the following:
- How can you describe your previous achievements and experience, will that helps you achieve your success at the University of Salford?
- Academic Achievements
- Activities involving the communities, cultural developments, social and economics.
- Have you been engaged in entrepreneurial activity?
The students must read and agreed with the terms and conditions applied to the scholarship.
To better support your application, students are required to submit the following:
- Passport Copy
- 2 reference Letter
- Recommendation Letter
- Academic Records
- English proficiency test scores
Scholarship Important Information
- The applicants must review all the eligibility, criteria, terms, and condition of the scholarships and the deadline. Late and incomplete applications will not be considered and will be rejected automatically, as well as misleading or false information.
- Must be able to complete the application requirements.
- Proof of offer must be presented before applying for the scholarship program, the applicant who doesn’t hold an offer for admission will automatically be rejected.
- The application form needs an essay to better determine your commitments and achievements as part of the review for the scholarship committee.
- Students can only apply for more than one scholarship per academic year, but only one can be awarded depending on the category of the scholarship eligibility.
The University of Salford will provide an award for the outstanding students a tuition fee reduction of 10% to up to 70%. The international awards will only be applied to the student’s tuition fee, there will be no amount paid to the recipient of the award.
An early payment reduction fee will be applied in addition to the scholarship award. The university has the right to defer or cancel the awards if the students are found to submit false information. If the students terminated the scholarship prior to the completion of the courses, both tuition and other related fees wil be applied.
The winner of the awards is required to consent to the following:
- The photo and videos can be used to publicize the University’s scholarship.
- Use any student’s materials related to the scholarship promotions.
- Must be able to volunteer in any events or activities at the university.
- January 31, 2022- Scholarship application opening date
- May 2, 2022- Scholarship Deadline
- May 16, 2022- Notification of the results
- May 31, 2022- Deadline to accept the scholarship offer
The decision of the scholarship committee at the University of Salford will be final, unsuccessful applicants will not be notified by the university. Scholarships will be offered annually to give chances to other students for the next academic year.