The Foundation Office of Zimbabwe is proud to offer the International Konrad-Adenauer-Stiftung Scholarship for the academic year 2022-2023, to those who can demonstrate their willingness to pursue their higher education and admit to any of the Zimbabwean universities with an undergraduate degree in the field of the following:
- International Relations
- Political Science
- Conflict Studies
- Peace Building
- Public Management
The interested international students who are currently admitted in the following field above must have good academic records to be considered for fully funded fees coverage. The scholarship offered by the Fondation Office of Zimbabwe is one of the amazing opportunities for international students who want to develop their talents, knowledge, and skills in their chosen academics and be leaders who can contribute not only to the communities but also fr their home contry.
Scholarship Provider: Foundation Office of Zimbabwe
About the Provider
Freedom, justice, and solidarity are the cornerstones of the work of the Konrad Adenauer Foundation (KAS). The KAS is a political center close to the German Christian Democratic Party (CDU). CDU co-founder and first German Chancellor Konrad Adenauer (1876-1967) combines Christian-Social, Conservative and Liberal traditions. His name represents the establishment of democracy in Germany, the promotion of foreign policy to the transatlantic community of interests, the vision of European integration, and its introduction into the food industry. His spiritual heritage is still the foundation’s mission and work.
Through European and international cooperation, the foundation strives to enable people to live a life of self-determination in freedom and dignity. They make a value-oriented contribution to Germany’s fulfillment of its international responsibilities.
The Foundation Office of Zimbabwe wants to encourage people to help build the future in this way. With over 70 projects and offices in over 120 countries around the world, they have the freedom to contribute to the Rule of Law, Democracy, and the Economy. To ensure peace and freedom, The foundation supports foreign dialogue and security policies and the exchange of religion and culture.
For them, the focus is on people who lack dignity, rights, and responsibilities, this creates the starting point for justice, freedom, and economic stability. The foundation brings together socially responsible people to build partnerships between society, businesses, and politics. The knowledge of political governance will have an impact on making this world socially, ecologically, and sustainable.
In partnership with the political parties, state institutions, civil societies, and elites, the foundation values and goals have deepened global and regional cooperation, especially in developing the policy. Together with the collaborations and partnerships, the foundation contributes to an international order that allows each country to develop and become independent.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: International
- Degree Level: Bachelor’s Degree
- Field: Media/Journalism, Law, International Relations, Political Science, Conflict Studies, History, Ethics, Peace Building, Public Management
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Fully-funded fees and other benefits
- Scholarship Country: Zimbabwe
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
To be able to proceed with the scholarship application, the students must be able to meet the criteria of the scholarship.
- International students who are currently admitted at any Zimbabwe University.
- Must be at least second year on their undergraduate degree
- Must have average academic achievements
- Engaged in any community or voluntary work
- Must have a broad general education and interest in any of the political issues.
- A positive attitude regarding human rights and democracy
- The applicants must be willing to develop their tolerance and personal point of view.
- Must be a highly motivated student and be able to convince the foundation and other students about their goals and future plans in life.
To apply, please send the supporting documents below to i[email protected] by the deadline of July 31, 2022, in a single email. The email must contain the following:
- Complete the application form, which can be downloaded on the official website of the scholarship provider.
- Personal statement (up to 1 page)
- A full curriculum vitae (up to 2 pages) detailing your past volunteer work or social involvement
- Copy of official transcript
- An unofficial academic or professional/volunteer letter of recommendation (which will be emailed from your academic/organizational email account). This letter should provide information about your qualifications and abilities.
Note: Only finalists will be called to schedule an interview. The scholarship committee will be the evaluating all the scholarship applications and the successful students will be notified through their email and must be able to attend the given schedule for the interview.
The decision of the evaluation committee cannot be deferred, unsuccessful applicants will not be notified. It is important that the candidates have prepared the required documents for approval of the scholarship awards. The interview process will determine whether you are eligible to receive the awards and how your motivation to succeed in your plans and goals in the future.
Late and incomplete applications will not be considered for the awards, however, the applicants whose applications have been rejected can re-apply for the next academic year scholarship opening. This is to give more opportunities to those who needed the scholarship the most.
The scholarships include full tuition and medical costs for the academic period after entering the program, stipends for on-campus or off-campus accommodation, and a semester allowance for transportation, internet, and books. In addition, you will be part of the KAS alumni network and are invited to follow the activities of the Foundation in your country and abroad and participate as much as possible.
The recipient of the award must be able to read and agree to the terms and conditions applied for the scholarship. Failure to meet the academic progress will result in the termination of the scholarship award.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until July 31, 2022.