The Health Science Center at the University of Texas offers a scholarship, Outstanding New International Students Scholarship in Health Science Center. The scholarship is to extend support to international students and to focus on preparing for their higher education and career. The scholarship is intended for master’s degree students who wish to pursue their higher education at the University of Texas for the academic year of 2022-2023.
The scholarship is not only open to international students but also to local students in the USA. The scholarship award will be directed to the student’s tuition fee to help them cope with their financial barriers and further their education to achieve their academic and professional achievement. To improve the skills and knowledge development of every student, the University of Texas will be offering the scholarship annually to deserving local and international students.
The Outstanding New International Students Scholarship in Health Science Center is one of the competitive scholarship programs offered by the university, the university encourages both local and international incoming students to apply for the scholarship and demonstrate their academic merits.
Scholarship Provider: University of Texas
About the Provider
The University of Texas is home to many of the communities that shape America’s future population, students at the UTHealth School of Public Health in Houston are uniquely positioned to gain hands-on, hands-on experience in their home country. The university faculty develops critical solutions to emerging public health issues and provides tools and resources to foster critical and creative thinking, in and out of the classroom. This is a rigorous course based on practical application.
UT Health is a community of dedicated researchers, faculty, students, and advocates working to advance the healthcare system. Established in 1972 by the University of Texas System Board of Regents and housed in the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world, the University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston is a city health care center in Houston, Texas.
The university research centers have a long history in terms of creating more tools and information with the community that can lead to a healthier life. The University conducts research that will evaluate, develop and disseminate health promotions and prevention programs that diverse the population settings. Assess and improve the overall continuum of health care to create healthy communities. Develop and support new information science technologies that use big data to improve the health of people in Texas, the country, and the world. Improving the health of children and youth through evidence-based research to inform health promotion, disease prevention, and treatment programs.
- Academic Year: 2022-2023
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local and International
- Degree Level: Master’s Degree
- Field of Study: Health Professions, Public Health
- Duration: NA
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Award: Tuition fee Award
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Country: USA
To be able to proceed with the application, the students are required to meet the following:
- Must be a new local or international student who is working towards their degree at the University of Texas.
- Must be remained admitted from the time of their application, and can demonstrate their academic merit at the university.
- Must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent.
- GPA score of 4.0 on a scale of 4.0.
- The international students must be holding an F1 visa.
The interested applicants must access the UTHealt application portal for the public health program. All interested applicants are required to use SOPHAS to further their applications.
Using SOPHAS for the application requires that the students must create their account, after you created an account, the students can now access the application portal. Keep in mind that the application will require supporting documents and can also be uploaded at the portal provided by the university.
- Students F1 Visa
- Three letters of recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Official transcript of records
- Degree and Certificates
Statement of Purpose and the Objectives
- The applicants must be able to describe why they are one the compelling students for admission.
- Demonstrate the interest and motivation to study in public health programs.
- Highlighting the qualification and experience related to public health studies.
- Demonstrating the applicant’s academic achievements.
- Stating any weakness in the application.
- Described any circumstances that may be considered by the admission committee.
International students are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English and must meet the following test scores:
- TOEFL iBT score of 95
- IELTS score of 7.0
Keep in mind that the international students must be able to check the details of additional requirements for the application and carefully review the application and requirements to be able to be considered for the scholarship. Students can improve their academic record in the scholarship competition by submitting SAT or ACT scores and completing the Awards and Experience section of their application.
What to expect after the application?
The students can keep track of their application at the SOPHAS portal provided by the university. Here is some important notes:
- The students must ensure that all required documents to support their scholarship application which includes the test scores, transcript of records, and letter of recommendations are already uploaded at the portal.
- Once the application completed and submitted and verified by SOPHAS, the application will send a copy of application at the registered email of the applicants.
- An incomplete application will not be evaluated and will be automatically rejected.
- The application will be reviewed within eight weeks
- A notification will be sent through the applicant’s registered email after the evaluation.
The University of Texas will be providing a tuition fee award to the succesful students.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until December 1, 2022.