Yokohama National University is selecting Chinese students who need to enter its doctoral-level colleges in October 2023 or April 2024 as doctoral students or who need to show up in Japan between October 2023 to March 2024 and enter its doctoral-level colleges as extraordinary research doctoral students.
In light of the Update of Grasping between the China Scholarship Board (CSC) and YNU endorsed in July 2019, this enrollment is led cooperatively by YNU and CSC, and the short-recorded candidates who pass the screening directed by YNU will be prescribed to the CSC. YNU additionally acknowledges Chinese researchers under the scholarship program. For the individuals who might want to direct research at YNU as visiting research colleagues (Visiting Colleagues/Postdoctoral Colleagues)
Interested students now can start their research in Japan with the provided assistance of the Yokohama National University in partnership with the China Scholarship Council Scholarship for the academic year of 2023-2024. The successful students will be awarded a tuition fee waiver and further their Ph.D. degree which will help them achieve their academic and professional goals.
Scholarship Provider: Yokohama National University
About the Provider
Yokohama National University is a national university in Japan, that focuses on creating and communicating top-notch research on subjects crucial for steadiness and human government assistance and issues experienced by the industry and society.
The university conveys an English program with various regions and courses for worldwide students without requiring Japanese language capacity. It presents numerous choices to make international relations by means of its international study program, as an area to understand the globe through its political, monetary, and social setting, and as a spot to think about late issues through trades with people from various foundations.
The university values the international study program and its students, and the variety they convey to its campus grounds. They have long periods of involvement with facilitating energetic international students and researchers. Subsequently, there is a scope of dialects, cultures, religions, and values in YNU, as well as systems and conditions set up to tackle such variety and enhance the student’s campus life. Along with international students, YNU will constantly endeavor to be a lively instructive center point with a different student body and will keep on spreading elite instructive and research accomplishments to make a superior future.
At YNU, approximately 600 researchers lead research in different fields and make and apply information as an international center point for viable scholastics that can add to the government assistance and social improvement of individuals in Japan and all over the world. This segment highlights fields of research inside which YNU succeeds specifically alongside profiles of the employees driving the research according to five points of view.
Annually, the university offers scholarships, financial assistance, and other related awards to both international and local students who can demonstrate their leadership skills, academic excellence and especially for those students who need financial assistance to continue their higher education and be future leaders that can help contribute not only in Japanese communities but also to their home countries and other developing countries.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Chinese
- Degree Level: Ph.D. Degree
- Field: Social Science, Engineering Science, Environment and Information Science, Urban Innovation
- Number of Awards: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee
- Scholarship Country: Japan
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application process, interested Chinese students must meet the eligibility criteria for the scholarship award:
- The candidates must be a citizen of China and must be able to apply for the Chinese Government Students Overseas Study Program offered by the CSC and meet all the prerequisites of the awards.
- Having finished a master’s program and procured a master’s degree or is supposed to have finished a master’s program and acquired a master’s degree at any of the universities that have gone into an academic exchange program with YNU (counting division-level agreements) or those designated as the project 211 institutions before their admission to YNU, or having finished a master’s program and acquired a master’s degree or being supposed to have finished a master’s program and acquired a master’s degree at YNU, or be admitted to YNU as a Ph.D. student after April 2022 and being selected as a first-year doctoral student at YNU.
- Demonstrate their academic excellence or achievements with a GPA score of 2.30 or above in a master’s degree and be able to maintain their GPA during their admission to the Yokohama National University.
- Must have good communication skills in oral and written English, as well as be proficient in the Japanese language. The students must meet the language requirements of the university. The language requirements can be found at the admission portal of the YNU.
- Intend to finish their doctoral degree in the span of 48 months of their admission to Yokohama National University YNU as a doctoral student.
- Having asked their preferred academic advisor about research details, acknowledgment conditions, and so forth, and having gotten permission to apply and the Conditional Acceptance Offer before proceeding to the submission of their application.
- The application can be accessed in an online portal provided by the YNU.
- Applicants must check the application conditions and qualifications.
- Must check the required GPA for the scholarship award.
- Track down a prospective advisor
In the event that applicants can affirm that they satisfy every condition, they must set up the necessary documents and contact their preferred academic advisor, consult with him/her about their research details, acknowledgment conditions, and such, and get the Acceptance Form.
- Upon completion of the required materials and application forms, the students must submit the application documents before the deadline to be able to be considered for the evaluation.
The Yokohama National University will be providing a tuition fee waiver to successful students.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until January 31, 2023.