Attending a University is a transformative journey that requires assistance to help students achieve their goals and aspirations. The International Medical University in Malaysia or IMU offers a range of scholarships and bursaries to unlock the full potential of every student to reach their dreams.
The International Medical University is aware of the impact of the costs of living and studying at a private university. The University is dedicated to affordability, so its scholarships have been designed to cover either 100% or 50% of your tuition fee. For the academic year 2023-2024, the university is pleased to offer the Pantai-Gleneagles Scholarship for the outstanding Malaysian students who will be applying for their first-degree program at the university.
The IMU-Merit Scholarship is bestowed upon students who showcase exceptional academic brilliance, active participation in extra-curricular activities, and exemplary leadership qualities. The Pantai-Gleneagles Scholarship is awarded to students who face financial hardships but have still managed to achieve commendable academic results despite the challenges they have encountered.
Scholarship Provider: The International Medical University
About the University
IMU recognizes the profound influence of rapidly advancing technology on healthcare practices. Therefore, the university remains vigilant in staying up-to-date with these changes, seeking to comprehend the future demands of healthcare professionals. Through this insight, they continuously evolve and innovate its programs, ensuring all graduates are well-equipped and competitive in the modern age.
One vital aspect of the university approach is the integration of foundational competencies in data science across all programs. Core topics, including the significance of data, are embedded in their curriculum to prepare every student for the data-driven landscape of the healthcare industry.
IMU prides itself on its specialization in the fields of Medicine and the Health Sciences, channeling all its resources toward achieving excellence in these areas. As a pioneering institution, they hold the distinction of being the first university in Malaysia to provide studies in Complementary Medicine. Additionally, their Chiropractic Program stands as the first of its kind in the region, further showcasing their commitment to innovative and unique educational offerings.
IMU Students are provided with a broad range of experiences through experiential learning, industrial placements, and community service. These opportunities are instrumental in nurturing well-rounded individuals, fostering competence, compassion, and ethical values in our future professionals. Lifelong learning is ingrained in its approach, equipping every graduate to continually adapt and grow, making them valuable assets to their prospective employers.
To help the students gain more exposure to their career paths, the university has a dedicated Career Development Unit. This unit offers guidance and support in career development and research, while also directing students towards various professional opportunities. IMU strives to empower its students to make informed choices about their careers, ensuring they find a fulfilling and successful journey ahead.
- Applicants Nationality: Malaysia
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Nursing or Medicine
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: NA
- Scholarship Awards: Tuition fee and accommodation support
- Scholarship Country: Malaysia
- Renewable: Yes
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the following criteria:
- The scholarship program is exclusive to Malaysian applicants.
- Available for those applying to the First Degree program.
- Applicants must fulfill the specified merit criteria.
- The household income of the applicant should belong to either the B40 or M40 category.
- An additional advantage for applicants with active involvement in community activities, as demonstrated by their co-curricular records.
Applicants who can demonstrate their academic excellence are encouraged to apply for scholarship awards. The scholarship will be determined and vary depending on their results and chosen program.
- A-LEVELS: ABB (91 – 100%)
- CPU: cGPA: 3.34 – 4.00
- STPM: cGPA: 3.70 – 4.00 | Points: 33 – 45
- IB: Grades: 91 – 100
- UEC: cGPA: 3.70 – 4.00
- A-LEVELS: BBB (86 – 100%)
- CPU: cGPA: 3.12 – 4.00
- STPM: cGPA: 3.50 – 4.00
- The applicants who meet the eligibility of the scholarship program can submit their application at the university and complete all the required documents needed to support their application.
- The students must also meet the admission requirements of the university.
As part of the application and evaluation process, all applicants are required to submit the following:
- Applicants personal statements
- MU Conditional Letter of Offer (if applicable)
- SPM Certificate, or equivalent
- Foundation Certificate, or equivalent
- Co-Curricular Certificate with cGPA
- IELTS/MUET Certificate
- Evidence of previous or current financial assistance
- Latest 3 years of Parents’/ Guardian’s BE Form / B Form of Lembaga Hasil Dalam Negeri (LHDN)
- Full latest EPF Statement of Parents or Students Guardian
- Copy of the latest 3 months of personal Bank Statements of Parents or Guardian
- Copy of the latest 3 months of the company’s Bank Statements of Parents or Guardians, this is applicable to self-employed Parents or students’ Guardian
- Copy of the latest 3 months of Parents’ or Guardian’s pay slips
- Declaration of Unemployment by Commissioner
- Copy of Parents’ Death or Divorce Certificate
- Copy of the latest 3 months of house electricity bill
- Copy of the latest 3 months of house water bill
All shortlisted candidates will be called for an interview. Successful candidates are required to sign the scholarship agreement at the university.
Scholarship Benefits and Information
- Scholarships will be awarded bonding, contingent on the chosen program
- The awards will be covering the successful student’s tuition fee and accommodation support.
- The disbursement will occur on a semester-by-semester basis.
- To maintain the scholarship, students must achieve a minimum GPA of 3.30 per semester.
- Failure to meet the GPA requirement will prompt a review by the Scholarship Committee.
- Withdrawal from the program, for academic or non-academic reasons, will require repayment of the disbursed financial award.
- The scholarship does not cover repeated modules or semesters.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until August 13, 2023.