The HMS Academy Fellowship in Medical Education
The Academy at Harvard Medical School is pleased to announce a Request for Applications for one-year fellowships in medical education for the Fellowship period July 1, 2017, to June 30, 2018. The HMS Academy Medical Education Fellowship provides educators with dedicated time to develop the expertise and skills needed to advance academic careers in medical education and medical education research. The winning candidates will get $20,000 stipend.
The mission of Harvard Medical School is to create and nurture a diverse community of the best people committed to leadership in alleviating human suffering caused by disease
Candidates must possess an MD or Ph.D., be active members of the HMS faculty, and hold the academic rank of Instructor or higher and have:
- A minimum of 2 years active teaching experience at HMS at the UME or GME level
- Ability to devote the necessary time to the fellowship activities and academic project
- Applicants with leadership roles in HMS courses/clerkships and/or GME programs are encouraged to apply and are viewed as particularly strong candidates
How to Apply:
Applying for the scholarship, the candidates are required to complete the online scholarship application form: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSc97DWZH-wBV8y2eCy63EmqyleiOv45PIcmihfGgqgFAeNHzg/viewform
- Cover Letter: A cover letter that includes a personal statement outlining your career goals and what you hope to gain through an Academy Fellowship in Medical Education
- CV: A copy of your Curriculum Vitae
- Project Proposal: A description [no longer than 2-4 pages] of a project you would conduct during the fellowship year, including:
- Goals of the project
- The problem it addresses and who will benefit
- Resources required
- How the project will be evaluated
- Salary Source Statement: A statement indicating your salary sources and how you would free up 10% of your time to devote to the fellowship for one year. This plan must be reviewed and approval documented by your department chair or division chief
- Department Chair Recommendation: A letter of recommendation and statement of support from your department chair and/or division chief, including a commitment to free 10% of your time from other responsibilities to pursue your fellowship project and meet with Fellowship leaders monthly
- Project Mentor Letter of Recommendation/ Letter of Support: The Project Mentor should write a letter of recommendation attesting to your commitment to and involvement in medical education. The project mentor should also indicate his/her commitment to overseeing the project and to spending adequate time mentoring the applicant.
- One Additional Letter Of Recommendation: One additional letter of recommendation from a Harvard faculty member who can attest to your commitment to and involvement in medical education.
- All applications materials can email to the Academy: academy-at-hms.harvard.edu
- The three recommendations can be emailed directly to the Academy: academy-at-hms.harvard.edu
Financial Aid and Award Money:
Funding is available through the Morgan-Zinsser, Curtis Prout, and Jackson Academy Fellowship Fund endowments. The stipend is $20,000.
Link for More Information:
Medical Assistant Schools Edu First Scholarship
Medical Assistant Schools Edu is pleased to announce the scholarship for helping one outstanding college student. The scholarship is available for the students who are currently enrolled in a college or university or will be enrolling next semester. A $1,500 scholarship will be given to the deserving candidate.
Medical Assistant Schools EDU is a symbol of finding the best schools. It has a number of options so that the students can find complex information in easy articles.
- Interested applicants should be currently enrolled in a college or university, or will be enrolling next semester.
- Must have no failing grades in the most recent academic year.
- Must be willing to prove why he should receive the scholarship.
- Must be currently residing in the United States of America.
How to apply:
For applying for the scholarship, the candidates must fill out the application form. The link is:
1) The candidates must upload an essay of at least 500 words about the following topic “What is the future of the medical assistant field?” Some believe that it is not as important as the nursing field. To what extent do you agree or disagree?
The candidates must use the given Essay Format:
- The essay must have a title
- Font size 11
- Font style Calibri
- Must be in .docx or .doc file format
2) Official Transcript of Records
3) Written consent that you are allowing Medical Assistant Schools Edu to use your essay as a part of your evaluation as a candidate
4) Whole-body picture with green background wearing corporate attire to be sent in a JPEG or PNG file.
5) Valid student identification card
Once you have completed your application, you can submit it online.
$1,500 scholarship amount will be given to the winning candidate.
The completed application packet should be submitted on or before JULY 31, 2015 12:00 AM MST.
Link for More Information: