The Higher Education Scholarship Test (HEST) 2023
We are excited to announce the commencement of a new scholarship program for Indian students called HEST (Higher Education Scholarship Test) 2023. The HEST is the largest inter-college scholarship test in India, where students from different institutions across the country compete for scholarships of up to Rs. 1 Cr.
The HEST program is powered by WeMakeScholars, a group funded and supported by the Indian Ministry of IT as part of the “Digital India” Campaign.
It is a 40-minute online test that will cover “General Aptitude” and will take place on October 30, 2022, at 1 PM. Participation requires no registration fee. The test is open to students who intend to study abroad.
We believe this scholarship opportunity will be a great opportunity for Indian students who are members of the PickAScholarship community. We are honored to work with WeMakeScholars to help students realize their goals of attending college overseas.
About The HEST
The Higher Education Scholarship Test (HEST) is the ultimate scholarship exam in India, and it pits students from prestigious Indian colleges against one another for scholarships worth up to 1 lac individually for study abroad.
This national exam is conducted by WeMakeScholars, a project financed and backed by the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology (MeitY), Government of India, as part of the Digital India Campaign. The test can be taken on a tablet, smartphone, or desktop computer.
All of the questions will be centered on topics related to aptitude. Therefore, practicing these questions will enable you to do better on the test.
There will be a total of 25 questions on the test, worth 100 marks, and there will be no negative marking.
You should register now for free!
HEST Qualification Requirements
- Only Indian citizens with valid Indian passports are allowed to apply.
- Candidates must have at least a 60% average in grades 10 and 12.
- Candidates must have plans to study abroad in the next two years.
- The applicant may use this scholarship to pursue any course—STEM or non-STEM—at any reputable international university.
- Applicants must present any acceptable forms of proof of admissions overseas, such as a scorecard from the IELTS, GRE, TOEFL, or other test OR a confirmation of acceptance to a foreign university. It is not mandatory for the proof of admission to be submitted at the time of the test; it may be presented at any time before obtaining the scholarship award.
- An applicant may use their college ID to take the test just once. If an applicant writes the test twice in the same year, only the results of the first attempt will be used. If you do meet the requirements, you may take the test again the following year.
- Students in their final and pre-final years who are graduating from any Indian college are eligible to apply.
Why you should take the HEST
This one-of-a-kind national scholarship test is hosted by WeMakeScholars, a project backed by the IT Ministry, and offers the following advantages:
- It offers students an opportunity to take part in the largest inter-college scholarship test in India.
- Scholarship winners will each receive a cash prize of up to one lakh rupees!
- Students who participate will also have access to all of the complete fee waiver scholarships provided by various governmental organizations, trusts, and foundations. And many more benefits
HEST Test Details
- Test Date: October 30, 2022.
- Exam Time: 1 pm
- Duration: 40 min
- Mode: Online
What happens next following the online exam?
After the test, the final applicants will be chosen through an interview process. Prior to selection, the candidates’ original documents and college IDs will be verified.
The applicant will get emails containing any updates on the HEST. Therefore, kindly continue to check your mailbox frequently and designate the emails from the HEST group as important.
Please feel free to visit https://hest.wemakescholars.com for additional details.
Alternatively, you can call them at +91 6301 715 499
To learn everything there is to know about the test, candidates should start by visiting this official website. If you have any further inquiries, you can contact their staff by email at [email protected]
We wish all eligible candidates on this platform the very best of luck as you all submit your applications