To overcome the financial limitation placed on acquiring education, Student Financial Aid Office (SFAO) is accepting 2023 applications for the award of the General Electric Scholarship is University of Ghana Students.
This student grant is tailored for students seeking to pursue a degree in Computer Science.
Table of Contents.
- About General Electric
- What you need to know about the University of Ghana
- What you need to know before applying to study in Ghana
- Level/field of study
- Host nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- scholarship benefits
- GE Scholarship 2023 at the University of Ghana Eligibility
- How to Apply for GE Scholarship 2023 at the University of Ghana
- The General Electric Scholarship 2023 Application Deadline:
- Student visa application
- The GE Scholarship 2023 Application Link
About General Electric
GE, a wholly owned subsidiary of the General Electric Company, has been involved in infrastructure development in Ghana for a number of years, particularly through the provision of technology, services and knowledge, training initiatives, investment, and supply chain development. in the energy, transportation, and healthcare sectors.
General Energy will provide flat grade scholarship support through the “ GE Scholarship ” for the benefit of individual University of Ghana BA Computer Science undergraduate students and some BSc Applied Sciences. The scholarships are renewable annually, provided they maintain a Grade point average (GPA) of 2.5 or better.
What you need to know about the University of Ghana
The University of Ghana, the leading and largest university in Ghana, was founded as the University College of the Gold Coast by Ordinance on August 11, 1948, to provide and promote learning and research.
As a University ready to distinguish itself in the area of research to make an impact nationally and internationally, the University has launched a new Strategic Plan.
This new strategic plan (2014-2024) aims to consolidate the achievements from the University’s mission review and place them in the context of a dynamic higher education environment in Ghana and beyond.
What you need to know before applying to study in Ghana
Education is a prominent component of life in Ghana. The country is actively working to improve its literacy rate and strengthen its overall economy. The adult literacy rate here is around 71 percent. Men are more likely to have an education than women. In terms of opportunities for higher education, the country has numerous options for students.
The country has 21 public training schools, most of which offer specialized education for students who need between one and three years of schooling. There are 18 technical institutions present and two diploma-issuing institutions. The country is also home to six universities and several private programs. The following is a list of public universities available in the country:
- The university of ghana
- University of Cape Coast
- University of Education
- University of Mines and Technology
- Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology
- University to develop studies
Of these, the oldest college in the country is the University of Ghana, which opened its doors in 1948. The approach to education in these schools is very diverse. Many students study business administration. , social sciences, and medicine.
However, there is also a strong demand for education based on technology, arts, and humanities. Perhaps the best-known school in the region is Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, which has become one of the best schools in this part of Africa.
Don’t miss out on any of the No Scholarship opportunities. You can open any of these opportunities in a new tab.
Level/field of study
The GE Scholarship is available to pursue a postgraduate program at the University of Ghana. The scholarship will be awarded in BA Computer Science and some BSc Applied Science.
The GE Scholarship is being pursued in Ghana at the University of Ghana. There are other Ghana Scholarships available for international students in 2023.
The General Electric Scholarship is available for Ghanaian students.
The scholarship covers scholarship and residential fees and book allowance. In addition, leadership training, scholarships, and internships may be offered as long as an excellent academic standard of at least a 2.5 CGPA continues to be met and the need is demonstrated.
The GE Scholarship 2023 at the University of Ghana Eligibility
- Eligible Countries: The scholarship is available to students from Ghana.
- Entry requirements: You are eligible to apply if:
1). They are Ghanaian.
2). A regular student of the University of Ghana.
3). An aggregate of 15 or higher was obtained in WASSCE or CGPA 3.0.
4). You can demonstrate limited family income and insufficient funds to cover most or all education-related expenses.
5) Have the will to succeed (determination, perseverance and success in other activities).
6). Are you reading a Bachelor of Computer Science or Applied Basic Science in the following areas: Bachelor of Information Technology, Materials Science and Engineering, Earth Science, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science?
7). Will maintain at least a CGPA of 2.5.
8). They are of Good Conduct.
How to Apply for GE Scholarship 2023 at the University of Ghana
- Download and submit a completed application form. Additional information may be requested if corrections are needed or if any information/answer on your application is unclear.
Additional information may be requested if corrections are needed or if any information/answer on your application is unclear.
For inquiries call the Student Financial Aid Office at 020-518-6904/0302-945-312 or send an email to [email protected].
EL Student Financial Aid The office is located at No. 11 East Legon – Main Campus behind the College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences across from CEGENSA.
The following are examples of documents that can be used to support this application:
For the need :
• Official pay slip or payroll record of the parents/guardians or the applicant.
• Receipts/recent school receipts from school-age siblings.
• Tax return receipts: IRS, VAT, table sales receipts, etc.
• Birth certificates (of siblings).
• Death certificate or burial permit (in case of death of one of the parents).
• Pension letter for retired parents/guardians.
• Ghana Cocoa Farmers Board Bank Statements / Passbook.
• SSNIT Contribution Statements.
• Money transfer receipts.
• Receipts from the National Health Insurance (showing the premium paid).
• Evidence of other dependents of parents/guardians.
• Any other supporting documents that you believe will assist in the processing of your application.
• High school transcripts (terminal reports)
• West African Higher School Certification Examination (WASSCE) results
• University acceptance letter
• Records on achievement tests, academic awards, honors, and substantive evaluations by from teachers, including letters of recommendation.
• Confirm that you are not currently receiving support through another scholarship program
Your eligibility for student financial aid must be based on accurate information. By doing so, together, we can ensure that the right students get financial support and that the integrity of the University of Ghana’s student program of financial assistance is preserved.
General Electric Scholarship 2023 Application Deadline :
The GE Scholarship 2023 application deadline is on February 1, 2023
Student visa application
Students will need to obtain a visa to study here. The student visa requires an active passport and acceptance into a school. An office student visa application must be submitted along with an invitation letter to the embassy in order for the student to receive a ticket. There are fees associated with obtaining the key, but the process is simple for most students.
The GE Scholarship 2023 Application Link
You can start the application and get more details by clicking the Scholarship Link button