Texas is the second largest state in the United States and covers a huge area in the far south of the country. The state discovered oil in the early 1900s and has never looked back.
The enormous reserves that lie beneath Texas have fueled the state’s economy ever since and led to growth in many other sectors.
Thanks to this, Texas has the second highest GDP in the United States after California.
Houston is the city with the largest population and is home to many of the best universities in Texas.
Texas also has its own unique culture, food, and music with a long history of cultural exchange across the border with Mexico.
Austin is the state capital and cultural heart, famous for its music and arts scene.
The state’s higher education sector is booming, helped in large part by the discovery of oil.
Texas Medical Association Scholarship Program
The Texas Medical Association is pleased to solicit applications for the 2023 Texas Medical Association Scholarship Program, eligible persons are invited by this notice to hurry and apply for this program
Table of Contents.
- Scholarship type
- How to apply
The Texas Medical Association established TMLT in 1979 to provide affordable and reliable coverage against medical liability claims for its members. TMLT is not an insurance company, but a not-for-profit, self-insured trust, governed by a Board of Governors who are elected by TMLT policyholders. Today, TMLT has more than 20,000 policyholders and covers more doctors in Texas than its next five largest competitors combined.
- TMLT will award a $5,000 scholarship in October 2023 to a Texas medical student. The scholarship recipient will be chosen based on financial need and the ability to assess and describe patient safety issues in a case study.
- Scholarship winners will receive scholarship funds upon confirmation of enrollment. Payment will be made through the college’s financial aid office.
To be eligible for the scholarship, applicants must:
- I will be entering their third or fourth year at a Texas medical school in fall 2023
- Be able to demonstrate financial need
- Being able to communicate a commitment to patient safety through an essay.
- Board members, TMLT committee members, employees and vendors of the Texas Medical Liability Trust, its subsidiaries or affiliated companies, and their immediate families (parents and children) and households (those residing at the same address or housing) are not eligible for the scholarship
How to apply:
To apply for the scholarship, the applicant can download the application through this link.
To apply, students must submit the following:
- A statement of financial need.
- A short essay (no more than 500 words) outlining risk management considerations for a closed claim study that is provided with the application. The essay must be typed (double-spaced) on a separate sheet of paper. Include your name in your essay.
All application materials with the completed application can be sent:
- By email to sales-at-tmlt.org.
- By mail to TMLT Attn: Hannah Morgan PO Box 160140 Austin, TX 78716
- Physical Address (for requests sent by Federal Express or UPS): TMLT Attn: Hannah Morgan 901 S. Mopac Expressway Building 5 Ste 500 Austin, TX 78746
Deadline for application:
The deadline to apply for the scholarship is September annually.
Link for more information