In the Autumn semester of 2022, the Swedish Institute Scholarships for Global Professionals (SISGP), a new scholarship program that replaces the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS), will grant scholarships to a wide range of master’s programs at Swedish universities.
The SI Scholarship for Global Professionals aims to train future global leaders who will contribute to the UN 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development as well as good and sustainable development in their home nations and regions.
About the provider:
The Swedish Institute is a government-run organization that promotes interest in and trust in Sweden throughout the world.
SI is funded by the Swedish government in four areas: international collaboration, international assistance, education, and university research and business.
Grants and scholarships provide for around SEK 294 million of SI’s overall funding, with the Swedish assistance budget covering almost two-thirds of this amount. SI’s various sub-assignments are inextricably linked. Strong trust in Sweden and its partners is critical for Swedish development cooperation, Sweden’s contribution to Baltic Sea Region development, and increased internationalization of Swedish higher education and business.
Students from the 42 nations listed below:
Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bolivia, Belarus, Brazil, Cambodia, Cameroon, Colombia, Ecuador, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Guatemala, Honduras, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Liberia, Malawi, Moldova, Morocco, Myanmar (Burma), Nepal, Nigeria, Pakistan, Peru, Philippines, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Tanzania, Tunisia, Turkey, Uganda, Ukraine, Vietnam, Zambia, Zimbabwe
Full tuition fees, living expenses of SEK 10,000 per month, insurance, and a one-time travel grant of SEK 10,000-15,000 are all covered by the scholarship.
The scholarship is only available for full-time one-year or two-year master’s programs that begin in the autumn semester.
There are no additional grants for family members. It also doesn’t cover the application fee to University Admissions.
• You must be a citizen of one of the SI scholarship-eligible countries (see above).
• You must have completed at least 3,000 hours of work experience from a maximum of three organizations/companies prior to February 10, 2022.
• You must apply for a Master’s degree program that is qualified for SI funding (see above). Depending on your nation of citizenship, the institution prioritizes programs in specific subject areas.
• You must have demonstrated leadership experience from your present or past employment, as well as from your involvement in civil society.
• By April 7, 2022, you must be responsible to pay tuition fees to Swedish universities, have completed the University Admissions process, and be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programs.
Other requirements include dual citizenship, prior living in Sweden, and studies in Sweden.
1. Apply for a master’s degree program at universityadmissions.se before January 17, 2022. You will receive an eight-digit personal application number after submitting your application for master’s program(s) at universityadmissions.se. You’ll need this number when applying for the SI Scholarship for Global Professionals.
2. You can apply for a SI scholarship after you have finished your master’s program application. From 10 February 00:01 to 28 February 2022 14:59 CET, you must submit the needed documentation digitally through the online application portal.
It is critical to go to the official website for complete details on how to apply for this scholarship.
Other than the required documents, we will not consider anything else. You must fill out the forms provided by SI and submit your application in English. Otherwise, your application will not be considered further.
A complete application consists of:
• Letters of recommendation
• Valid and comprehensive proof of leadership and work experience
• A copy of your current passport or national identification card
• Inspiration (will be asked of you in the application portal)
If any of the aforementioned items are missing, your application will be rejected.
Applications for Global Professionals 2022/2023 is open from 10 February 00:01 until 28 February 2022 14:59 CET
Also, an estimated 350 scholarships will be available in 2022.
120 30 Stockholm
Do you want to be a leader in your field of expertise and contribute to global sustainable development? Then you might be interested in applying for this scholarship. Global Professionals is a highly competitive, fully-funded international master’s degree scholarship program in Sweden.