Investing in your education is one of the best decisions ever. In that regard, you can apply for the Susan Buffett Scholarships from Nebraska students.
The main objective of this Susan Buffett Scholarship program is to help finance students in their studies at University.
The Susan Buffett Scholarship worth up to $10,000 annually is renewable for an additional three years.
Table of Contents.
- About the Susan Thompson Buffet Foundation
- Level/field of study
- Host nationality
- Eligible Nationality
- scholarship benefit
- Number of Susan Buffett Scholarships
- Eligibility for Susan Buffett Scholarships
- Susan Buffett Scholarship Application
- Susan Buffett Scholarship Application Deadline
About the Susan Thompson Buffet Foundation
The Susan Thompson Buffet Foundation was founded more than 50 years ago. Since then, the foundation has offered scholarships to Nebraska students to make college more affordable.
It will only award these Scholarships to the best candidates due to high demand and limited financial resources.
Level/field of study
Susan Buffett Scholarships cover college programs.
The Susan Thompson Buffett Foundation in the US will host the Susan Buffett Scholarships. Scholarships must be taken at US institutions.
If you are an international student and wish to study in the United States, check out the best scholarships available to study in the United States.
The Susan Buffett Scholarship is available to US university citizens. You can use these scholarship opportunities to solve most of your academic problems.
The Susan Buffett Nebraska Scholarship is worth up to $10,000 annually, renewable for three additional years. The amount of the Susan Buffett Scholarship varies depending on the post-secondary institution the recipient attends and is generally equal to the average tuition and fees for a full-time student (15 credits) at that institution.
Students can use the Susan Buffett Nebraska Scholarship to cover the costs of housing, courses, books, and fees.
The scholarship can be extended for three to five years, depending on whether the student is attending a four-year university or institution. More information can be found on this website.
Number of Susan Buffett Scholarships
The number of Susan Buffett Scholarships offered in a year varies.
Eligibility for Susan Buffett Scholarships
To qualify for the Susan T. Buffett Foundation Scholarships, students must meet various eligibility criteria.
- All applicants must have a Nebraska undergraduate degree or graduate from a Nebraska high school.
- Each candidate must have a minimum 2.5-grade point average since completing high school.
- Only Nebraska applicants are eligible to apply for the Susan Buffett Nebraska Scholarship.
- All applicants must show high financial need and plan for a place of study as a new student.
- Only candidates who wish to attend an in-state college or university (Nebraska State College System, University of Nebraska, or Nebraska Community College) will be considered for this award.
- Full details of the eligibility criteria are available on the Susan Buffett Scholarships website.
Due to the high demand for this scholarship, a selection committee screens all applicants based on four main criteria.
- The first is the candidate’s academic merit, which includes factors such as GPA and academic results.
- The quality of the applicant’s letters of recommendation.
- This scholarship is based on financial need. Although students do not have to meet the eligibility criteria for the Pell Grant, they must be able to clearly demonstrate that they have a great financial need to attend college.
Therefore, students must have an expected family allowance of $10,000 or less, based on their responses to the FAFSA. Finally, you will be evaluated based on your essays.
Susan Buffett Scholarship Application
The application cycle begins on November 1 of each year. To apply for this Scholarship;
- Students must submit two letters of recommendation.
- A copy of your high school, online application forms for the Susan Buffett Nebraska Scholarship, and a FAFSA application.
- In addition, each candidate must write an essay of about two or three pages in which they analyze their answers to seven questions.
- For a full list of questions the candidate is required to write about, check out this one here. Each candidate will receive notification of her application by May 1.
Susan Buffett Scholarship Application Deadline
Currently, the submission of applications for the Susan Buffett Scholarship has been closed. However, you can visit us to let you know when the portal for the next application is open.