Applications are currently being accepted for the SMU Cox MBA Scholarships for International Students 2023.
About SMU Cox MBA Scholarships
‣ Each year, SMU Cox School of Business offers SMU Cox MBA Merit Scholarships for the MBA program.
‣ Recipients are selected based on demonstrated academic achievement, GMAT performance, professional experience, and leadership potential.
‣ The Cox School of Business is proud to partner with the Forte Foundation to continue to increase the number of women pursuing graduate degrees in business.
‣ We offer a variety of Merit-Based Scholarship awards to admitted students who qualify them to be named Forte Fellows and become part of an exclusive group of future business leaders.
The scholarship is hosted in the United States.
Level/Field of Study:
The scholarship is designed for International Students pursuing their Master’s program or MBA Program.
The SMU Cox MBA scholarships are aimed at USA and international students
Benefits (Value / Inclusions):
‣ Award No: The Cox MBA program provides scholarships to approximately half of its students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are awarded for the entire two-year period, subject to satisfactory academic performance.
‣ Scholarships Cover: The Cox MBA program provides scholarships to approximately half of its students, with awards ranging from 10-100% of tuition and fees.
Do you have what it takes to take advantage of SMU’s MBA scholarships?
‣ Admission to the Cox MBA program is highly selective.
‣ The Admissions Committee seeks a diverse group of candidates who demonstrate the following attributes:
- Important professional and life experiences.
- Strong academic capabilities, leadership potential, and interpersonal and communication skills.
- Personal qualities such as maturity, integrity, self-confidence, and motivation.
- A strong commitment to learning and achievement.
- Successful applicants typically have several years of full-time work experience, a strong undergraduate academic record, and competitive scores on the Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT).
- Must be computer literate, with basic knowledge of email, the internet, and spreadsheets. Although not required, we strongly recommend that you also have a working knowledge of calculus, accounting, statistics, and microeconomics.
‣ Recipients are selected on the basis of demonstrated academic achievement, GMAT performance, professional experience, and leadership potential.
‣ Applicants notified by -The admissions committee expects to notify all Round 1 applicants of their admission decision by mid-December.
‣ -The admissions committee expects to notify all Round 2 applicants of their admission decision by March 1.
‣ The admissions committee expects to notify all Round 3 applicants of their admission decision by April 20.
‣ The admissions committee expects to notify all Round 4 applicants of their admission decision by June 10.
Scholarship Application Method
Please apply for the scholarship through the link below.
Complete your application here
Your application, supporting documents and personal interview are very important in the selection process. We hope that you will provide us with the most complete and honest picture of yourself.
After candidate applications are completed, submitted, and reviewed by the Cox MBA Admissions Committee, screening interviews are conducted by invitation only.
Your completed application will contain the following components:
- Application forms found in the online application
- Professional resume
- Essays (more information on essays below)
- GMAT or GRE score obtained in the last five years
- undergraduate transcripts
- If applicable: TOEFL, IELTS, or Pearson English test scores taken within the last two years (see International Applicants section for more information)
- Two professional references (names and contact information only, no letters) – people who can talk about your job-related skills and abilities
While we may accept unofficial copies of scores and transcripts, if you are offered admission to Cox, you must submit official GMAT/GRE scores, official TOEFL/IELTS/PTE scores (as applicable), and official transcripts within 30 days.
The GMAT school code for Cox MBA is HWG-KN-06 and the GRE school code is 6660. Cox reserves the right to rescind an offer of admission in the event of a misrepresentation.
For additional admission criteria and tips for completing the application process, please visit Admission Criteria.
Candidates who wish to reapply and who have applied within the previous year should contact the admissions office at [email protected] before beginning the process.
The admissions team will confirm possession of your previous application file and determine the submission requirements you will need.
Deadline for application:
Submissions will continue through Round 1: October 16, 2023; Round 2: December 4; Round 3: January 8, 2023; Round 4: March 5, 2023 (final deadline for international applicants); Round 5: April 30, 2023, (national applicants). Rolling admissions as of April 30, 2023.
This scholarship award is given on the basis of merit only and female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.