International students can now study for free or at a lower cost in Slovak. The Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sports of the Slovak Republic makes this possible.
The Slovak Government Scholarship grants eligible students who are generally citizens of a partner country the opportunity to study at a Slovak public university.
To successfully apply for this opportunity and become a beneficiary, you need to get first-hand information about the eligibility criteria, the application procedure, and the application deadline.
About Slovak Government Scholarships
The Slovakia Scholarship was established by the Slovak Republic to support student mobility. Through its Ministry of Education, Science, and Research, the Slovak government offers scholarships to candidates who wish to have a short stay, from 3 to 10 months in Slovakia.
This stay must be for research and study purposes. The program is presented as an exchange program between the Slovak Republic and other countries of the world.
Who should apply for the Slovak Government Scholarship?
Only applications from students who meet the eligibility criteria below will be considered:
Level/field of study
The Slovakia Scholarship Application is open to students to pursue a Bachelor‘s, Master’s, or Ph.D. degree in their chosen fields in the country.
The scholarships are awarded by the Slovak government under the conditions for awarding official development assistance (ODA) defined by the OECD, including the award of the Slovak government scholarship grant to people with Slovak residence status abroad.
The Slovak Scholarships application is open to students from all nationalities.
With these Slovak Government Scholarships for International Students, students receive a monthly scholarship and stipends.
A Slovak Government Scholarship will be awarded:
- During the normal duration of the respective program,
- For ten months in the case of language teaching,
- In the months between the completion of language education and enrollment in the respective academic program or between the end of studies in one academic program and enrollment in another academic program if the participant completes the entire language course or a student completes the studies
Slovak government scholarships can be awarded to a national of a partner country under the following conditions:
a) If the person has:
- Temporary residence for study purposes, 10)
- a temporary residence as a third national who has acquired the status of a Slovak living abroad 11) or
- the right to reside on the territory of the Slovak Republic for more than three months, 12)
b) The person is:
- a full-time student at a public university of the Slovak Republic in any of the academic programs referred to in the notice defined in subsection 2, demonstrating proficiency in the Slovak language at the level required by that public university; either
- Participation in language education for higher education purposes (“language education”)
c) The person on or after 1st September of the year in which the application for a government scholarship is submitted,
- is at least 18 years old and not more than 26 years old in language teaching for the study of a first or second-level academic program or an academic program that combines the first and second-level studies in such academic program or
- At least 23 years old and not more than 35 years old, as far as language teaching is concerned, to study in a postgraduate academic course or to study in such an academic program.
How to Apply for Slovak Government Scholarships for International Students
The online application form is available on the Slovak Aid website: www.vladnestipendia.sk or applicants can apply directly via the following link:
Deadline for application
The deadline for submission is the 30th of May.
For more details, applicants should visit the following link: