La Reina High School, established in 1964, is a remarkable Catholic college preparatory high school. This educational gem, primarily for young women, is proudly sponsored by the Catholic Congregation of the Sisters of Notre Dame and governed by a dedicated Board of Trustees. Nestled in Thousand Oaks, it serves students from a wide geographical area, including Conejo Valley, Simi Valley, San Fernando Valley, Ventura County, and northern Los Angeles.
Acceptance Rate at La Reina High School:
La Reina High School embraces an open admission policy. This policy means they welcome all applicants regardless of race, gender, religion, nationality, marital status, or sexual orientation. Remarkably, the school boasts an acceptance rate of 100%, signaling that they extend offers to all who apply.
What’s particularly appealing is the school’s commitment to maintaining small class sizes, ensuring an optimal learning experience. La Reina High School proudly maintains a student-to-faculty ratio of 25.
Why Choose La Reina High School:
One compelling reason students gravitate towards La Reina High School is the exceptional quality of education it offers. The two-year programs are meticulously designed to equip students with the knowledge and skills needed to thrive in today’s dynamic technological and industrial landscape.
Furthermore, the diplomas and certificates earned at La Reina High School are globally recognized, providing graduates with a competitive edge in securing positions at renowned organizations worldwide. The school’s accreditation by WASC and WCEA further reinforces the value of the education it provides.
Admission Requirements at La Reina High School:
To embark on your journey at La Reina High School, you should be aware of the following admission requirements:
- The school’s application and enrollment forms are accessible online through TADS.com. A $100 application fee applies, with potential fee waivers available upon contacting the Admissions Office.
- Prospective students are required to create a TADS account. If you already have a TADS account, you can continue using it, specifying “La Reina” as your chosen school.
- Families with multiple applicants need only one TADS account for all students.
- You can save your application progress and continue later, but applications remain incomplete until the $100 fee is submitted.
It’s crucial to note that La Reina’s admission process considers various factors, not limited to the application and supporting materials. They consider each applicant’s scholastic achievement, standardized test scores, citizenship grades, a personal interview, results of an entrance test, and recommendations from the applicant’s current principal, math teacher, English teacher, and a pastor, priest, or religious leader.
La Reina High School Programs: La Reina High School offers an array of programs, including but not limited to:
- Religious Studies
- Social Science
- Visual and Performing Arts
- World Languages
- Physical Education
Tuition Fees for 2024: La Reina High School is considering pricing its tuition fees to provide the best possible education. The tuition fees for prospective students in this academic year are as follows:
- High School: $19,900 (inclusive of a $1,000 non-refundable tuition deposit)
- Middle School: $18,000 (inclusive of a $1,000 non-refundable tuition deposit)
Payments can be made online at www.TADS.com, or checks can be mailed to TADS at the provided address. Please note that non-refundable tuition deposits must be paid in full, and tuition accounts must be current for a student to begin classes in the fall.
Scholarships at La Reina High School
Students at La Reina High School have access to numerous scholarships to support their education. Here are a few financial aid programs available:
- The Barkley Math and Science Scholarship: Awarded to the student with the highest score on the entrance exam’s math section. Valued at $1,000, it is exclusively available to current La Reina 8th graders advancing to 9th grade.
- High School Placement Test Scholarship: Granted to ninth-grade applicants from Catholic partner schools with the highest composite score on the entrance placement test. This scholarship is worth $500 and is non-refundable and non-renewable.
- The Paulson Family Scholarship: Presented to a student with high moral character and demonstrated financial need. It’s a $1,000 scholarship that automatically renews each year if the student maintains a 3.0 GPA.
- The Sisters of Notre Dame Scholarship: Available to two ninth-grade applicants who register at LRH School. It’s based on the written essay portion of the entrance exam, and awards are non-refundable and non-renewable.
Current La Reina High School students can also apply for these annual scholarships:
- The Heidel Family Scholarship
- The Powers Scholarship
- The Sinclair Scholarship
- The St. Jude Scholarship
- The Tourikian Scholarship