Are you seeking a fully funded scholarship to pursue your undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral degree in China? Do you want to study at one of the top research universities in the world? If yes, you should not miss this golden opportunity to apply for the USTC International Scholarship 2024-25 in China.
The USTC International Scholarship is a prestigious program that aims to attract and support outstanding young talents from all over the world to study at the University of Science and Technology of China (USTC), the University of Chinese Academy of Sciences (UCAS), or institutes of Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) around China. The scholarship covers all the expenses of the selected students, including tuition, accommodation, stipend, health insurance, travel allowance, and visa fee.
The USTC International Scholarship is part of the Alliance of International Science Organizations (ANSO) Scholarship, which was launched in 2019 with the goal of training and cultivating young scientists from all over the world. ANSO is a non-profit, non-governmental international organization founded in 2018 by 37 scientific institutions, universities, and international organizations worldwide. ANSO aims to improve regional and global capacity in science and technology, human livelihoods, and well-being and to promote broader S&T cooperation and communication.
The USTC International Scholarship is mainly sponsored by CAS, the leading founding member of ANSO. CAS is the world’s largest scientific organization, comprising over 100 research institutes, 12 branch academies, two universities, and 11 supporting organizations. CAS is dedicated to excellence in scientific research, technological innovation, and talent cultivation.
TWAS and UNESCO, both founding members of ANSO, provide part of the funding for a sub-category of the USTC International Scholarship: the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship. This sub-category gives special (not exclusive) consideration to two target groups: Least developed countries (LDCs) and women. Up to 50 Ph.D. students from developing countries will be selected by TWAS/UNESCO for this category every year.
The USTC International Scholarship is open to all international students who are not Chinese citizens. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- For the Bachelor’s program, Applicants must have a high school diploma or equivalent, be under 30, and have an excellent academic record.
- For the Master’s program, Applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent, be under 35, and have an excellent academic record.
- For The program, Applicants must have a master’s degree or equivalent, be under 40, and have an excellent academic record.
The USTC International Scholarship is hosted by China, the most populous country in the world and one of the fastest-growing economies. China has a rich and diverse culture, history, and natural beauty. China is also a global leader in science and technology, with many achievements and innovations in various fields. Studying in China will give you the opportunity to experience a different way of life, learn a new language, and make friends from different backgrounds.
The USTC International Scholarship is a fully funded scholarship that covers all the expenses of the selected students, including:
- Tuition waiver
- Accommodation: Free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy
- Monthly stipend: Bachelor’s degree: CNY 2,500 / Month; Master’s degree: CNY 3,000 / Month; Doctoral degree: CNY 3,500 / Month
- Health insurance
- Application fee waiver
- International travel allowance from awardee’s home country to China (one trip per awarded candidate)
- One-time visa/residence permit allowance
Level and Field of Study
The USTC International Scholarship supports 200 Master’s students and 300 PhD students every year to pursue postgraduate education at USTC, UCAS or CAS institutes. A wide range of academic fields/majors is available for Master’s and PhD programs, such as:
- Physical Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Life Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Information Sciences
- Mathematical Sciences
- Management Sciences
- Humanities and Social Sciences
The USTC International Scholarship also supports 200 Bachelor’s students annually to pursue undergraduate education at USTC. The available majors for the Bachelor’s program are:
- Computer Science and Technology
- Space Science and Technology
- Life Sciences
- Electronic Science and Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Nuclear Science and Technology
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Optical Engineering
- Information and Communication Engineering
- Artificial Intelligence
- Software Engineering
- Management Science
- Public Administration
- Data Science and Big Data Technology
- Financial Engineering
- Microelectronics Science and Engineering
- Quantum Information Science and Technology
- Biomedical Engineering
- Advanced Materials and Devices
- Intelligent Manufacturing and Robotics
- Energy Science and Engineering
- Marine Science and Technology
- Earth System Science
- Cognitive Science
How to Apply
To apply for the USTC International Scholarship, applicants must follow these steps:
- Choose your program and host institution. The available programs and host institutions are available on the official scholarship website.
- Complete the online application form. You can access the online application system through the scholarship’s official website. Register with a valid email address, fill in the required information, and upload the supporting documents.
- Submit the application form and wait for the result. You can track the progress of your application through the online application system. The result will be announced by the end of June 2024 for the Bachelor’s program and by the end of May 2024 for the Master’s and PhD programs.
Countries that can Apply
The USTC International Scholarship is open to all international students who are not Chinese citizens. There is no restriction on the nationality or region of the applicants. However, special (not exclusive) consideration will be given to applicants from LDCs and women for the ANSO-CAS-TWAS/UNESCO PhD Scholarship sub-category.
The USTC International Scholarship has the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants must be international students who are not Chinese citizens.
- Applicants must meet the age limit: under 30 for Bachelor’s program, under 35 for Master’s program, and under 40 for PhD program.
- Applicants must meet the academic requirements: have a high school diploma or equivalent for a Bachelor’s program, have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent for a Master’s program, and have a master’s degree or match for a Ph.D. program.
- Applicants must have an excellent academic record and research potential.
- Applicants must have a good command of English or Chinese language.
- Applicants must not hold any other scholarship or funding from the Chinese government or other organizations.
The USTC International Scholarship has different deadlines for different programs:
- For Bachelor’s program: The application deadline is March 31, 2024.
- For the Master’s program: The application deadline is February 15, 2024.
- For the Ph.D. program, The application deadline is February 15, 2024.
The USTC International Scholarship has an official website where you can find more information and apply online. The website is: