The family of the late Nicholas Iain Paumgarten has provided a very large donation to the establishment of this scholarship for postgraduate study in the field of accounting. His particular passions included playing music, going fishing, being outdoors, and spending time with his family and friends.
About the Scholarship Sponsor:
Rhodes University, abbreviated as RU, is a state-funded university in South Africa that offers undergraduate and graduate degrees. The year 1904 marked the beginning of RU’s academic endeavors. Because it is situated away from Grahamstown, the campus of Rhodes University offers students an escape from the stresses of city life. Cecil Rhodes, a past leader of the country, is honored with the naming of this establishment. The institution covers a total area of 203 hectares and is tucked away in the hills of Grahamstown, a picturesque and historic city that is full of buildings made of stone. Grahamstown is located 90 minutes inland from the Winterberg Mountains and 50 minutes away from the coast.
Students have access to academic staff and close supervision throughout their time in school, and they are able to choose from a wide variety of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs to participate in. Commerce, education, humanities, law, pharmacy, and science are the six primary areas of study offered at this educational institution.
Twenty percent of the student body is comprised of international students hailing from 54 different countries around the world. Approximately thirty percent of the student body is comprised of postgraduate students. At Rhodes University, residence halls are home to approximately half of the school’s first-year students. Because the campus is so compact, it is possible for students to get around on foot and not need a car.
Positioning of universities. Rhodes University is consistently ranked as one of the best universities in South Africa. The university is ranked 584th in the world, placing it in the top 5% of educational institutions everywhere. The admissions process as well as the total cost of attendance The applicant’s previous level of academic success is the primary factor considered while making admissions decisions. Each academic year is broken up into two parts known as semesters. 3,000 USD/god. The students that are enrolled at the university. With only 3,000 students enrolled, Rhodes University can be considered a very intimate institution. It is possible for non-citizens as well as citizens to submit an application. Students who are not native-born make up one quarter of the student body. The faculty at RU numbers somewhere in the neighborhood of 504 individuals. One of the attractions of the university is its variety of student exchange programs.
Scholarship Sponsor(s): Rhodes University
Scholarship Country: South Africa
Scholarship Worth: R50 000.00
Scholarship Type: PhD
Nationality: International Students
R100 000-00 (2 awards of approx. R50 000.00 each, budget dependant)
Eligibility for Scholarship
- Citizenship in the Republic of South Africa
- Full-time in attendance
- Master’s Degree in Accounting with Honors, HDAC, or Both
- Academic merit
- In addition, the Committee will take into consideration the applicant’s active participation in sporting, cultural, and charitable activities during their undergraduate studies, all while managing to maintain an academic record that makes them eligible for Honours/HDAC or Masters. This factor will be considered in the context of the applicant’s ability to maintain an academic record that makes them eligible for Honours/HDAC or Masters.
- Academic CV
- Official copies of an individual’s academic transcripts
- Motivation or an essay (no more than 300 words) stating why you have chosen your subject of study and what you want to accomplish in South Africa once you have completed your education.
RMIT University knows that there are a lot of motivated international students who want to go to college in Australia. For the academic year 2023-2024, the university is offering the Stem Scholarships for students in Latin America to help these students overcome financial barriers. The scholarship is worth $10,000, which they can use to pay for school and focus on their studies.
The Rhodes University South Africa Nicholas Iain Paumgarten Scholarship For Accounting Honours 2023 is open to all International Students
- As there is no application form for you to fill out, please supply the following information:
- Applications should be emailed (as one pdf) to: [email protected], with the Nicholas Iain Paumgarten Scholarship application clearly identified on the document.
- Applications that are faxed, mailed, or submitted after the deadline WILL NOT be considered.
The application deadline for Rhodes University South Africa Nicholas Iain Paumgarten Scholarship For Accounting Honours 2023 is November 15, 2022