Columbia University aims to bring together international students in compelling world issues. For the academic year of 2023-2024, Columbia University offers the Humanity in Action Fellowships.
Fellowships offer numerous opportunities for you to foster your academic and professional interests. They can assist you with studying abroad, engaging in research or public service, or taking on a postgraduate degree. Fellowships are also networking and valuable opportunities.
Every Fellowship program is custom-made to its area. Fellows are tested to understand their host city’s special history of injustice against the foundation of their own national and neighborhood contexts. Fellows find out about the host society’s present struggles to explore dominant and minoritized cultures and identities, while also being inspired by what aggregate action based on intersectional solidarity can seem to be.
About the Humanity in Action Fellowship
Humanity in Action Fellowships brings together international groups of current school and university students and ongoing graduates to investigate compelling, recent concerns of liberal majority rules government, pluralism, common liberties, and social justice within the specific historical and social contexts of every one of the program sites. Demanding and intensive, the on-site fellowship program is an instructive space for transatlantic discourse and informed and reflective actions. The program is interdisciplinary and features everyday lectures and discussions with prestigious academics, politicians, journalists, and activists, as well as site visits to government agencies, non-benefit and local area organizations, memorials, and museums.
Humanity in Action covers the costs of cooperation in the five-week program as well as the successful student’s accommodations. In any case, fellows are responsible for airfare to and from their program site. The Humanity in Action Fellowship will be covering the expense for the fellows who have documented needs.
This program is designed to assist students with learning from each other as well as from leaders in the academic and professional, to support students in their intellectual pursuits and their future development. It focuses on students interested in research in the humanities or social sciences.
Scholarship Provider: Columbia University
About the Provider
Columbia University is known to be the center of research and one of the world’s most significant universities. Positioned 22nd in QS World University Rankings 2023, Columbia University seeks to draw in a diverse and international personnel, staff, and student body. The university has made academic relationships with numerous countries and regions.
The University provides assistance to support the student’s research which concerns global issues and advancing knowledge and skills to the highest level possible. Columbia University is known to deliver comprehensive academic excellence and take a sustainable approach and innovation to global engagements.
Academic opportunities and supports offered by Columbia University provide assistance to both local and international students who want to further their higher education in the USA. The faculty staff at the university can help every student to find the right fellowship or scholarship program that will determine to meet the student’s goals. Once the students find the right op[opportunities for them, the university will assist them in their entire application process.
Columbia University aims to:
- Engaging the local areas at Columbia and past its gates enables students to develop new information and to develop as an individual and as a resident of the world.
- Undergrad Research and Fellowships ensure opportunities that give intellectual thoroughness and personal, scholarly, and professional development.
- Working closely with the workforce to design, create, and support programs that urge students to participate in research and fellowship opportunities at Columbia and then some.
- Developing and managing neighborhood, national and international collaborations, and strategic developments.
- Provide information for opportunities, fellowships, scholarships, and financial support to the students.
- Advising the undergraduates on potential opportunities that will upgrade their academic involvement.
- Academic Year: 2023-2024
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local and International
- Degree Level: Undergraduate
- Field: Arts and Architecture, Humanities, Social Science, and STEM
- Number of Awards: NA
- Application Locations: Bosnia and Herzegovina, Denmark, France, Greece, Germany, the Netherlands, Poland, Ukraine, or the United States.
- Scholarship Awards: Program Fee
- Scholarship Country: USA
- Renewable: No
- Offered Annually: Yes
Before proceeding with the application, the students must meet the eligibility requirements of the program.
- The applicants are required to have good communication skills in oral and written English.
- The students must be in an undergraduate degree from an eligible country and pursuing in the area of Humanities, Social Science, and STEM.
- Must be enrolled in a full-time undergraduate degree, junior or senior, or have recently graduated in the last two years.
- The students must be willing to participate in difficult but constructive and meaningful discourse. They value the complex interweaving of numerous perspectives and identities.
- Future Fellows should be alright with feeling awkward and permit space for misunderstanding and mistakes in the process of learning. They recognize others’ learning and healing processes.
- Must be intelligent and self-reflective, basic and self-critical. They demonstrate openness, modesty, and a readiness to challenge their own preconceptions.
Keep in mind that it is important to check all the eligibility requirements for the program, some details will be posted on the official website of the provider.
Successful students will be working on action projects which will be diverse and the fellows will have their new knowledge and perspective on the impact of the communities. The program will begin during the fellowship program with a collaborative discussion.
Interested eligible applicants can apply in multiple locations such as:
- Bosnia and Herzegovina
- the Netherlands
- the United States
The application must be completed in order to be considered for the Fellowship program. Note that there will be two different application processes for the United States and the United Kingdom.
Columbia University will be providing the program fee for successful candidates.
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until February 13, 2023.