Are you looking for a fully funded scholarship to pursue your Master’s and MBA degrees at one of the world’s leading universities? Do you have a passion for finding scalable and sustainable solutions to global social challenges? If yes, then you might be interested in applying for the Oxford Pershing Square Scholarships in United Kingdom.
The Oxford Pershing Square Scholarships are offered by the Pershing Square Foundation, a private foundation that supports exceptional leaders and innovative organizations that tackle social issues and deliver scalable and sustainable impact. The foundation was established in 2006 by Bill Ackman, an American investor and hedge fund manager, and his wife Karen Herskovitz, a former Wall Street analyst and journalist.
The foundation has partnered with the University of Oxford, one of the oldest and most prestigious universities in the world, to provide full scholarships to support outstanding students on the 1+1 MBA program. The 1+1 MBA program allows students to combine a one-year Master’s degree from a range of partnering programs with a one-year MBA degree from the Saïd Business School. The program aims to develop the next generation of leaders who can address the complex and interconnected challenges facing the world today.
The scholarship provider is the Pershing Square Foundation, a private foundation that supports exceptional leaders and innovative organizations that tackle social issues and deliver scalable and sustainable impact.
The eligible applicants are international students from any country who are interested in pursuing the 1+1 MBA program at the University of Oxford.
The host country is the United Kingdom, a sovereign state in Western Europe that consists of England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland. The United Kingdom is known for its rich history, culture, diversity, innovation, and education.
The scholarship worth is full tuition fees for both the Master’s and the MBA degrees, plus a grant for living expenses of at least £17,668 per year for both years of study.
Level and Field of Study
The level of study is postgraduate, and the field of study is any of the 1+1 MBA partnering programs and the MBA degree. The partnering programs include:
- Master of Public Policy (MPP)
- MSc in Computer Science
- MSc in Education (Child Development and Education)
- MSc in Environmental Change and Management
- MSc in Financial Economics
- MSc in Global Health Science and Epidemiology
- MSc in Law and Finance
- MSc in Major Programme Management
- MSc in Migration Studies
- MSc in Social Science of the Internet
- MSt in Music (Composition)
- MSt in Music (Performance)
- MSt in Music (Musicology)
How to Apply
The application process consists of two steps:
- Apply online to the 1+1 MBA program by the January deadline. You must submit your application to both the Master’s degree and the MBA program. You must also submit a 500-word essay explaining how you meet the scholarship criteria and how the 1+1 MBA will prepare you to fulfill your career aspirations.
- If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to an online interview with the Pershing Square Foundation in April. You will be asked to demonstrate your leadership potential, your commitment to social impact, and your fit with the scholarship community.
Countries that can Apply
The countries that can apply are any country in the world as long as the applicants meet the eligibility criteria and the academic requirements of the University of Oxford.
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- You must have an excellent academic record and a strong GMAT or GRE score.
- You must have at least two years of relevant work experience, preferably in a social impact field.
- You must have a clear vision of how you want to make a positive difference in the world and how the 1+1 MBA will help you achieve that.
- You must demonstrate leadership potential, entrepreneurial spirit, and a collaborative mindset.
- It would help if you were committed to joining and contributing to the Pershing Square Scholar community and the more comprehensive Oxford network.
The scholarship deadline is January 5, 2024. You must submit your online application to the 1+1 MBA program by this date to be considered for the scholarship.
The scholarship link is here. You can find more information about the scholarship, the application process, the selection criteria, and the partnering programs on this website. You can also watch a video of the current Pershing Square Scholars sharing their experiences and advice here.