The General Secretariat of the Organization of American States (SG/OAS) and the International University of La Rioja (UNIR) of Spain offer a Master’s Scholarship in Various Areas for outstanding students from the Americas.
The GS/OAS General Secretariat is the central and permanent body of the Organization of American States (OAS).
Through the Department of Development, Education and Employment (DDHEE), supports its member states in the creation and execution of programs that promote the development of capacities at all educational levels. For its part, the International University of La Rioja (UNIR) has as its mission the comprehensive training of the student, to graduate professionals in the skills demanded by today’s society.
UNIR is committed to meeting the needs and expectations of all stakeholders (students, teaching and research staff, administration and services staff, public administrations, and society in general), involved in the process, through quality training that seeks continuous improvement and excellence.
UNIR has a special sensitivity to serve those students who, due to various circumstances, cannot access face-to-face centers or who, if they can, prefer to opt for more open and innovative solutions that emerging technologies open up on the Internet.
- The scholarship offers a 60% reduction on the total cost of tuition.
- Expenses such as the admission fee, translation and notarization or authentication of documents, study materials, degree procedures and obtaining a degree, and any other expense not indicated, are not contemplated in this scholarship.
Title to Receive: Master’s Degree
Place of Study: Spain
Application Limit: 02/15/2022
Start Date: 03/01/2022
Duration: 12 months
Number of Scholarships: 60
- Interested parties with the nationality and/or permanent legal residence of any of the Member States of the GS / OAS will be eligible.
- To be a beneficiary of the scholarship, the candidate must have completed the admission process and have been admitted to the study program at UNIR.
- Not having received other academic scholarships from the OAS, at the same level of studies proposed for this call.
- Before starting any Program, all Scholars must demonstrate their financial capacity to cover the costs of the Program not covered by the Scholarship within an established period.
- Officials of the GS / OAS, persons under contract for results with the GS / OAS, staff of the Permanent Missions to the OAS, or the families of all the aforementioned persons will not be eligible to receive the Scholarships.
- To obtain detailed information on the profile required for each study program, it is recommended that the applicant visit the website www.unir.net/postgrados-online/ and enter the title of their preference
- In order to apply for an OEA-UNIR scholarship, it is essential to have been admitted to one of the seventy-two (72) study programs described above in the table of programs.
- Applicants must follow the admission process at UNIR to the study program of their interest.
- The applicant must present all the documentation required by UNIR. Once the student is admitted to the program of their choice, UNIR will issue the scholarship recipient a letter of application.
- Applicants must take into account that it is necessary to pay the admission fee required by UNIR, in order to be admitted to the study program. For more information on admission costs, please contact UNIR directly.
- To maintain the scholarship, the scholarship recipient must pass all the subjects of the curricular program within the time established by the study program and obtain an average equal to or greater than 5 out of 10 for each academic period. If this commitment is not fulfilled, UNIR and/or the OAS reserve the right to demand reimbursement of the amount corresponding to the endowment invested in the scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient must commit to working in their country of origin or legal residence, in one of the OAS member countries, or in an international organization, for a minimum time equal to the duration of the scholarship. If this commitment is not fulfilled, the UNIR and/or the OAS reserve the right to require the beneficiary to reimburse the amount corresponding to the total amount granted.
- The fellow will be responsible for covering the remaining forty percent (40%) of the total cost of the study program, not covered by UNIR. Any additional expense incurred by the applicant to be admitted to the program is not reimbursable, nor does it imply an acquired right to become a recipient of the OEA-UNIR scholarship.
- The scholarship recipient will be responsible for assuming all other expenses demanded by the program (for example issuance of certificates or certificates, admission exams, graduation services, degree issuance, legalization of documents, etc.)
- Deadline to apply for the OEA-UNIR Scholarship: February 15, 2022, Official publication of selected candidates: In March 2022 Start of study programs: March 2022 (depending on the program).