The Macau Foundation is behind this exclusive scholarship program, that helps to present educational activities to the Special Administrative Region. One university this scholarship program is honored at is the University of Coimbra, in Portugal.
The University of Coimbra has a unique and ancient history that goes far beyond the call of studies. This means that the University of Coimbra was the first institution dating back to 1290 that signed a declaration of the General Study.
With over 22,000 students per year that physically attend the campus, this expansive monumental higher education has far exceeded the scope of time. The university is also a public research institute that is open t all international students who wish to study there.
It was in 2020 that the university actually celebrated its 730th Birthday.
Any student that goes to the University of Coimbra is represented by the student union called The Academic Association of Coimbra. There is even plenty of student folklore that students will be able to hear about as well as explore. Why? The university has gone on to create actual folklore programs that students can take to learn more about the history of this glorious place.
- Students that are interested in this scholarship program, should understand that this program was created to allow dedication to Macao Studies. That means the student would be studying Macao Studies or Humanities Macao Studies.
- Also, this scholarship program would cover all studies that involve art, culture, and the history of Macao.
- This scholarship program is only for students that are either in their Master’s or Doctoral studies, and those studies must involve Macao.
- Students that are interested must already be accepted or transferred to the University of Coimbra.
- The students who apply, because 15 students will be chosen for this scholarship program, they should be exceptional academic pupils.
- If a student has a criminal record, they can not apply for this opportunity, they will be denied.
There are a number of requirements when it comes to submitting the application form and everything that is deemed necessary.
First off, students will need to photo copy certain important documents, which will need to be turned in with the application form. These include:
- Identification certificate – I.D. passport
- Study outline, guide, or plan
- Acceptance letter from the university or a letter stating that the student is indeed studying something associated with Macao
- A letter of recommendation is needed from a faculty member
- If the student is a doctoral student, they will need a few more pieces of documentation that state that by the school, the student has started a research project on the studies dedicated to the history of Macao.
How to Apply
The only way to apply is by applying online. Located on the original website there is a link that states students can click to start the application process.
It is assumed that students can send in their application via post, but they should contact the e-mail address that is posted in the contact section first to see if this is being continued.
There are also testimonies available via YouTube that students can watch to fully understand what the scholarship program has to offer. While the testimonies are from around 2014-2015, the program has stuck with the same principles as before.
Reward – Extra Benefits
Around 15 students will be awarded this scholarship program each academic year. And when it comes to the award amount any student that is taking a Doctoral program will receive around MOP 120,000 and a Master’s program student will receive around MOP 70,000.
This is enough to cover a students entire tuition and fees. This amount may even cover excess fees that pop up over time.
Deadline Time Line
The deadline time for this scholarship is presented on March 31, 2023. There is no other deadline date available. If a student is having trouble with this deadline date and needs an extension they should utilize the e-mail address presented in the contact section to see if anything can be done about that.
All applicants will be notified shortly and possibly within a month’s time of their application submission if they have won or not.
Open Submission Window Time Frame
The open submission window time frame begins on February 3, 2023. That means that students who wish to apply for this scholarship program only have from February 3 – March 31, 2023.
There is no substitute dates available to extend this open submission window, however, dates are subject to change in the course of any event happening.
Annual or Renewable Scholarship Options
This is an annual scholarship that picks a few students each academic year that fit the criteria that is mentioned in the guidelines. However, this scholarship is not a renewable one.
Here at Pick a Scholarship we offer a full range scholarship database for all students looking for varying degree levels. While we provide exact information for each scholarship application and when the deadlines/open submission windows are held. We offer a contact section on each post where the admissions of the university or the director of a private sponsor can be reached to give more information or details.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to reviewed or changed before submitting their application.
Any student that is unsure about the rules and guidelines that are meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided.