La Salle University in Pennsylvania, United States offers an exceptional range of Graduate Assistantships that provide students with diverse professional and personal growth opportunities. These assistantships span various academic departments and administrative units, including Advancement, Equipment, Marketing, and Academics, presenting a multitude of avenues for aspiring graduate students to gain valuable experience while pursuing their higher education. With a commitment to fostering excellence, La Salle University empowers graduate students through hands-on learning experiences, mentorship, and professional development, positioning them for success in their chosen fields.
The assistantships program targets not only the student’s academic progress but also enables graduate students to refine their research and teaching skills, contributing to their personal and professional development. The Graduate Assistantships focuses on developing a strong relationship between the donors and alumni., event planning, fundraising initiatives, and marketing campaigns.
The La Salle Equipment
Source: La Salle University
Graduate Assistantships in Equipment and Marketing allows students to gain hands-on experience in managing and maintaining state-of-the-art equipment and executing effective marketing strategies.
La Salle University offers a Graduate Assistantship opportunity in the Athletic Equipment Room, where students can gain hands-on experience in managing and maintaining sports equipment. As a Graduate Assistant in this role, you will work closely with the Equipment Manager and contribute to various tasks related to equipment management. This position offers a unique opportunity to support the university’s athletic programs while developing valuable skills and knowledge in the field. Here are the key responsibilities and duties associated with the Graduate Assistant, Athletic Equipment Room position at La Salle University:
- Daily Equipment Room Operations: As a Graduate Assistant, you will assist in the management of the daily operations of the equipment room. This includes tasks such as issuing and collecting uniforms and practice equipment, maintaining inventory, and keeping accurate records. Your attention to detail and organizational skills will be crucial in ensuring the smooth operation of the equipment room.
- Uniform and Apparel Laundering: You will play a vital role in the upkeep of the athletic teams’ uniforms and practice apparel. This responsibility involves assisting with the daily laundering of uniforms and practice apparel for the university’s 19 intercollegiate teams. Your assistance will contribute to maintaining clean and properly cared-for uniforms, ensuring that athletes have the necessary gear for practices and competitions.
- Game Day Equipment Support: During home games, you will provide support to the Equipment Manager by addressing any equipment-related issues that may arise. This could include assisting athletes with equipment adjustments or repairs, ensuring that all necessary equipment is readily available, and troubleshooting any technical difficulties. Your presence and quick problem-solving abilities will contribute to a seamless game-day experience for the athletes.
Taking the Graduate Assistantship at La Salle University will help the students in gaining more practical experience and equipping them in the development of thier problem solving and the success of the university’s athletic program. This position will also serve as a stepping stone toward their carer in management, athletic administration, and other related fields.
- Applicant’s Nationality: Local and International
- Degree level: Graduate degree
- Fields: Sports
- Number of Awards: NA
- Duration: One year
- Scholarship Country: United States
- Renewable: NA
- Offered Annually: Yes
- Scholarship Awards: Stipend and Course Fee
Fulfilling the following responsibilities, the Graduate Assistant for Academic Support for Student Athletes at La Salle University which contributes to the development and academic success of the students. The role of the Graduate Assistant for Academic Support for Student Athletes entails the responsibility of mentoring and monitoring designated student-athletes to support and enhance their academic performance.
- Providing one on one mentoring and tutoring to at-risk students/athletes. This will help them to overcome thier academic challenges and develop their performance and effective study strategies.
- Assists in managing study hall staffing. To ensure the proper supervision and learning environment for the athletes.
- Performs needs assessments and documents one-on-one meetings. Assist in performing appropriate needs assessments for student-athletes
- Supports La Salle University’s educational philosophy and Athletic Department goals. Align with the university’s educational philosophy.
- Maintains compliance with NCAA, conference, and university regulations.
- Maintain knowledge and comply with NCAA Bylaw 10.1 (ethical conduct) and NCAA Bylaw 11.2
- Immediately report any potential violations, eligibility problems, rules infractions, or disciplinary action of student-athletes to a supervisor.
- Foster a positive environment for student-athletes by communicating clearly and fairly on matters related to their development, including academic, physical, social, spiritual, and athletic issues.
- Seek approval from the Director of Academic Support for Student Athletes before accepting any speaking engagements for money, endorsements, or outside employment.
- Promote the university and athletics, actively participating in the total athletic program, attending meetings, and supporting department goals and objectives.
- Assisting in the department’s special projects as directed and needed.
- Assuming that there will be an additional related duty that will be assigned by the director.
- Must be a bachelor’s Degree
- Must have an unconditional acceptance and admit to the La Salle Graduate Program
- Must have knowledge of the mission of the university.
- Must be committed to the mission of the university.
University’s Preferred Qualification
- Must have experience in mentoring and tutoring secondary school or college students.
Requirements for physical and work hours
- Evening and weekend hours as needed
- In exchange for the tuition fee benefits, the position will generally expect students to work a minimum of 20 hours/week.
- The students are not permitted to work more than 20 hours/week and are not allowed to hold any other on-campus jobs.
The application can be completed in an online portal provided by the university. As part of the application process, students must submit the following:
- Resume of CV
- Cover Letter
- Letter of Interest
The students will be receiving the following benefits:
- Tuition fee
- Monthly Stipend
The deadline to complete and submit the application is until July 31, 2023.