A lot of bright minds never make it to college due to financial hardship, but through the Middle-Class Scholarship Program, there is a beacon of hope.
The desire to advance and redesign society through innovation and scientific development is at the center of many young minds. This initiative gave meaning to the scholarship.
Just take your time and read this article; PickAScholarship has arranged all the details you need to be an applicant for the Middle-Class Scholarship.
Middle-class scholarships are for college students to study at the University of California.
Table of Contents.
- About Middle-Class Scholarship
- scholarship benefit
- Application Process
- Scholarship Deadline
- Frequently Asked Questions About Middle-Class Scholarship In 2023
About Middle-Class Scholarship
The Middle-Class Scholarship was a government initiative that was signed into law by Governor Jerry Brown.
The 1st day of July 2013 marks the historic signing that sought to make higher education affordable.
This scholarship is intended to help families of college students earning $150,000 to attend a University of California or California State University campus.
The scholarship programs are viable within the framework of all the courses taught by the institutions on their different campuses.
The Middle-Class scholarship can last up to four years, considered the maximum period of study.
If you are interested in being a middle-class scholarship recipient, you must meet certain requirements. You must;
- Be a California resident attending a UC or CSU;
- Be a US citizen, permanent resident, or have AB 540 student status*;
- Meet certain income/assets and other financial aid standards;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress; not be in default on a student loan; should not be imprisoned.
All AB 540* students are subject to the following qualifications;
- Attend a California high school for a minimum of 3 years, earn credits equivalent to 3 or more years of high school courses, and have a combination of 3 or more years in a California elementary or secondary school as set forth in AB 2000.
- Graduate from a California high school, pass the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE), or obtain a General Equivalency Diploma (GED).
- Enroll in an accredited and qualified California college or university.
- If applicable, complete an affidavit indicating your intent to legalize your immigration status as soon as possible.
You should not receive a fixed amount as a middle-class scholarship benefactor.
The reason is that the amount can vary by student and institution and will be determined after you are awarded any other grants for which you are eligible.
Students whose families have income and assets of up to $177,000 per year may be eligible for a scholarship of not less than 10% and not more than 40% of the mandatory tuition and systemwide fees at the University of California and the California State University.
The application process for the Middle-Class scholarship is very simple. To apply for the scholarship, you must;
- Complete a free online application for Federal Student Aid [FAFSA ] or the California Dream Act Application [CADAA].
- Submit a certified grade point average [GPA] with the institution before March 2.
- Set up your www.webgrants4students.org account to help monitor your state financial aid.
You must ensure that you have a Social Security number [SSN] or Deferred Action for Childhood Number [DACA] in order to apply through the CADAA platform.
Also, make sure your email address is listed on the FAFSA or CADAA.
You immediately gain acceptance to UC or CSU; will automatically be considered for the MCS scholarship.
You can get help completing the FAFSA or CADAA; you can attend a university workshop that will begin on October 1st.
Notifications will be sent to successful applicants in August.
This scholarship is a government scholarship and is highly dependent on funding, so the deadlines vary constantly.
However, it is safe to adopt March 2 as the current deadline due to the scholarship calendar program. It’s closed for now though, but we’ll update you when it starts.
You can access more information about the scholarship using the application link below.
The middle-class scholarship is a government scholarship and is subject to change as new governments emerge.
This is the type of scholarship you need if you are looking to make a big difference in your society and country at large.
Hurry and apply when the window is open. We wish you the best in your future endeavors.
Frequently Asked Questions About Middle-Class Scholarship In 2023
The middle-class scholarship will be awarded in the month of November.
You can get a middle-class scholarship after you have met the requirements and submitted your application.
The Middle-Class Scholarship was created in 2013 by Governor Jerry Brown after the initiative was signed into law.