Studying in Japan is possible with a fully funded scholarship. Are you an international student with dreams of studying abroad? The Matsumae International Foundation in conjunction with Japanese universities are offering a program of full world scholarships in the area of research for applicants from Latin America or anywhere in the world.
There are many of us who dream or have dreamed of spending a season living in Japan. But for this, the simplest thing is to find an academy in which to study Japanese or look for some type of scholarship or exchange program with the university. If you are in any of these situations, we have prepared a complete guide to study in Japan.
Whatever your case, below you will find information about academies, universities and vocational schools. Also about scholarships and basic recommendations, so that your adventure of studying in Japan starts off on the right foot.
But above all, once you get it, don’t forget to enjoy the experience, although you will have to study hard!
The main obstacle to studying in Japan is getting a student visa . Keep in mind that the tourist visa only lasts a few months (between three and six months, depending on your country). If you only want to do a short course, for two months, for example, it may be worth it with a tourist visa. But as a general rule if you want to study in Japan you need a student visa.
To get a student visa you have to go through all the registration steps at your Japanese academy or university. During the registration process you will be asked for a series of documents.
Some of them are the application form, a copy of your academic record, a bank guarantee, a photocopy of your passport, various certificates, photographs and other types of personal data. It will depend on the case, so it is necessary that you follow the instructions given by your school or university.
Once all the steps have been completed, you will receive the so-called “eligibility letter”. With this letter the school or university informs you that you are accepted. And with it you can go to the Japanese embassy or consulate in your country to get a student visa.
As you can see, it is essential to have contacted a Japanese academy or a university. Because you can’t get a student visa just by saying you want to go to Japan to study. Either you have been previously accepted to some school or university, or you will not be able to get it.
About the Scholarship
The International Matsumae Foundation has been recognized by organizations around the world due to the projects and study programs for its national and foreign members.
One of the main objectives of the complete funding program is to support the work and knowledge of people who do an impeccable job in the field of research.
With this award, the fellow will receive first-level training, obtaining important knowledge to apply in the labor and professional area. As a student of the Matsumae International Foundation scholarship, you will not have to worry about the study expenses that this implies.
Full scholarship in Japan
Institutions where you will study:
Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), Japan .
Levels and study areas:
Field of research in any subject or subject available. It depends on the university where you apply.
Who can participate?:
People from any part of the globe who demonstrate a high academic level and preparation in the field of research.
The Matsumae International Foundation will allocate the following prizes to the winners:
- Monthly allowance of 220,000 JPY to cover all the expenses of research activities, maintenance and materials used for their training.
- JPY 120,000 fund to cover living costs upon arrival in Japan.
- Round-trip air ticket in economy class between the closest international airport to the applicant and Tokyo – Japan.
- Travel insurance and medical treatment.
Conditions that must be met by participants:
- Be a student of high international academic level.
- Not be older than 49 years at the time of applying for the full scholarship in Japan.
- You must not have visited Japan in the past, if you have already been to the nation for any reason, you will not be accepted.
- Must be currently employed.
- Have a doctorate at the time of submitting the application for admission.
- Having a broad command of the Japanese or English language , it will be necessary for you to have a certificate that demonstrates your level in some of the mentioned languages, in order to improve your chances of being one of the winners.
- Submit a formal application through the online application system of the Matsumae International Foundation (MIF), where you must indicate your interest and commitment to obtain the full scholarship in Japan 2023.
Instructions to apply:
- Transcripts and academic records.
- Passport copies.
- Personal statement.
- Completed application for admission to the International Matsumae Foundation.
- Certificate of English or Japanese language proficiency.
- Among others.
Do you want to study in Japan with a fully funded scholarship? The Matsumae International Foundation makes your dreams come true. Check the website of the institution and know in depth each requirement that you must consign to be among the possible winners of this prestigious world scholarship.
Until June 30, 2022.