This program provides scholarships for international professors who wish to teach at Korean universities. The fellowship covers airfare, a monthly stipend, and research expenses.
The Visiting Professor Fellowship for Korean students is a program provided by the Korea Foundation to support Korean scholars and researchers who wish to undertake research and teaching activities at leading universities and research institutions outside of Korea. The fellowship provides an opportunity for Korean scholars to enhance their research and teaching skills, expand their academic networks, and contribute to the advancement of their fields of study.
The fellowship is open to Korean scholars and researchers who hold a Ph.D. degree and have a proven record of research and teaching excellence in their field of study. The fellowship provides funding for round-trip airfare, living expenses, and research costs for a period of 6 to 12 months.
What are the eligibility requirements for The Visiting Professor Fellowship:
The Visiting Professor Fellowship for Korean students has the following eligibility requirements:
- Korean citizenship: Applicants must be citizens of the Republic of Korea (South Korea).
- Academic qualifications: Applicants must hold a doctoral degree or equivalent from a recognized university or institution in Korea or abroad. They should also have a record of outstanding academic and research achievements in their field of study.
- Employment status: Applicants must be employed as full-time faculty members or researchers at universities, research institutions, or government agencies in Korea. They should have a minimum of three years of work experience in their current position.
- Language proficiency: Applicants must be proficient in the language of instruction at the host institution. In most cases, this is English, but it may also be the language of the host country.
- Invitation from a host institution: Applicants must have a letter of invitation from a leading university or research institution outside of Korea, confirming that they will be invited to undertake research and teaching activities at their institution.
- Research proposal: Applicants must submit a research proposal outlining their proposed research project during their stay at the host institution.
What is the total award for The Visiting Professor Fellowship:
The total award for The Visiting Professor Fellowship provided by the Korea Foundation may vary depending on the specific needs of the recipient and the requirements of the host institution. However, typically the fellowship provides financial support for the following expenses:
- Airfare: The fellowship covers round-trip airfare between Korea and the host country.
- Accommodation: The fellowship covers the cost of housing during the fellowship period.
- Living expenses: The fellowship provides a stipend to cover living expenses such as meals, transportation, and other related expenses.
- Research expenses: The fellowship provides a research allowance to cover the cost of research materials, equipment, and other related expenses.
It’s important to note that the specific amount of the fellowship award may vary depending on factors such as the duration of the fellowship, the cost of living in the host country, and the specific needs of the recipient. Applicants should refer to the Korea Foundation’s website or contact them directly to confirm the current fellowship award amount for The Visiting Professor Fellowship.
How do you apply for The Visiting Professor Fellowship:
To apply for The Visiting Professor Fellowship provided by the Korea Foundation, you will need to follow the application procedures listed on their website.
- Check the eligibility requirements: Make sure you meet all the eligibility requirements for The Visiting Professor Fellowship program.
- Identify a host institution: Identify a leading university or research institution outside of Korea that is willing to invite you to undertake research and teaching activities at their institution. You will need to obtain a letter of invitation from the host institution.
- Prepare the application documents: Prepare the following application documents:
- Application form: Download and fill out the application form from the Korea Foundation’s website.
- Curriculum vitae: Submit your curriculum vitae (CV) that includes your education, employment history, research and teaching experience, publications, and awards.
- Research proposal: Submit a research proposal outlining your proposed research project during your stay at the host institution.
- Letter of invitation: Submit a letter of invitation from the host institution.
- Submit the application: Submit the completed application form and all the required documents to the Korea Foundation before the application deadline.
- Wait for the results: The Korea Foundation will review all applications and select the fellowship recipients based on their academic and research achievements, research proposals, and other criteria.
- Accept the fellowship: If selected, you will be notified by the Korea Foundation and asked to confirm your acceptance of the fellowship. You will also be provided with additional information about the fellowship, including the specific details of the award and the requirements for the fellowship.
It’s important to note that the specific application procedures may vary depending on the program and the year. Therefore, it’s best to check the Korea Foundation’s website or contact them directly to confirm the current application procedures for The Visiting Professor Fellowship.
What Does a Student Visa Mean and How to Acquire One
A student visa is a type of visa that allows foreign students to study in a foreign country. It is a legal document that gives the student permission to enter and remain in the country for the duration of their studies.
To acquire a student visa to study in North Korea, you will typically need to follow these steps:
- Apply to a North Korean university: First, you will need to apply to a university or other educational institution in North Korea that accepts international students.
- Receive an acceptance letter: Once you are accepted, the university will issue you an acceptance letter, which you will need to include in your visa application.
- Apply for a student visa: You will then need to apply for a student visa at the nearest North Korean embassy or consulate. The requirements for a student visa may vary depending on the country where you are applying, but typically you will need to provide the following:
- A completed visa application form
- A valid passport
- A passport-sized photo
- Your acceptance letter from the North Korean university
- Proof of financial support for your studies
- A medical certificate
- A criminal record check
- Attend an interview: You may be required to attend an interview at the embassy or consulate as part of the visa application process.
- Wait for your visa: Once your visa application is processed, you will either receive your visa by mail or be able to pick it up in person.
It’s important to note that North Korea has strict visa requirements, and the application process can be complicated and time-consuming. It’s recommended that you start the process well in advance of your intended start date for your studies. Additionally, due to political and economic sanctions, it may be difficult for foreign students to study in North Korea, and you should carefully consider the risks and potential challenges before deciding to pursue studies in the country.
The Annual and Renewable Options For This Scholarship
The annual deadline and dates for the Korean Language Training Fellowship offered by the Korea Foundation may vary depending on the program and the year. However, generally, the application period for the fellowship opens in the fall of each year, and the deadline for applications is usually in December or January of the following year.
In general, it is important to apply as early as possible to increase the chances of being awarded the scholarship. It is also recommended to start researching and preparing for the scholarship application several months before the deadline, as the application process can be competitive and may require time to collect all the necessary documents and information.
There is no other specified deadline date mentioned. But students are encouraged to search the original website for any delays, changes, or further information about the scholarship.
Other available scholarships to look at are €4,500 Government Scholarships – Malta 2024 or Fully Funded University of Edinburgh 2023 Glenmore Medical Scholarship for African Students.
All applicants should consult the contact webpage that is in the contact section of this page if a question has not been answered. Beforehand check the university’s FAQs page to see if anything can be answered right away.
All students should check with the university website about any delays or changes to the open submission window or deadline time frame. This is the best way to see if anything needs to be reviewed or changed before submitting their application. Anyone can sign up to receive a university website newsletter to stay updated on the latest information.
Any student unsure about the rules and guidelines meant to be followed by the recipient should consult the website link provided. Anyone looking for more information that is not found on the website should contact the email address.
We also suggest that all applicants read through the information guideline page that is available through the original scholarship link. This way, the individual can navigate the website correctly and identify the real scholarship online application. So far there has been no mention of any delays for this opportunity or any cancellations.