OCLC and the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) are now accepting applications from professional libraries for the Jay Jordan Fellowship Program 2023
Each year, up to five people are selected to participate in this intensive four-week fellowship program located at OCLC headquarters in Dublin, Ohio, USA.
The Career Development Fellowship program offers members the opportunity to meet leading information specialists and explore information technology, library operations, management, and global collaborative librarianship. The 2023 program runs from March 16 to April 12.
What does OCLC stand for?
OCLC Online Computer Library Center, Inc. is an American cooperative not-for-profit organization dedicated to providing public access to information around the world at lower costs.
Fellows visit numerous libraries, heritage institutions, and library organizations. They also monitor OCLC’s governance structure in action and provide a better understanding of the issues affecting the world library corporation.
Additionally, members give lectures about their home country and their libraries and discuss concrete solutions to the challenges facing libraries today.
Fellows then translate their experiences and experiences into specific professional development plans that guide their continued growth and personal contributions to their institutions and home countries.
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions is the leading international body representing the interests of people who rely on libraries and information professionals.
About the sponsor: International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) and OCLC
The International Federation of Library Associations and Institutions (IFLA) is the leading international organization representing the interests of libraries and information services and their users. It is the global voice of the librarian profession and information.
Founded in 1927 in Edinburgh, Scotland at an international conference, we now have more than 1,400 members in more than 140 countries around the world. IFLA was registered in 1971 in the Netherlands.
The Royal Library, the Dutch National Library in The Hague, generously provides the facilities for our headquarters. For more information visit www.ifla.org.
OCLC is a nonprofit global cooperative of libraries that provides shared technology services, original research, and community-based programs to help libraries support learning, research, and innovation.
Through collaboration and global knowledge sharing, libraries can help people find the answers they need to solve their problems. Like OCLC, member libraries, employees, and partners enable breakthroughs.
Level/field of study
Career Development Scholarship is a four-week intensive scholarship that covers the Library program.
The Jay Jordan Fellowship Program is organized by OCLC and the International Federation of Library Associations (IFLA) in Dublin, Ohio, USA.
If you are an international student and you want to study in the UK, check out the best scholarships available to study in the UK.
The Jay Jordan Scholarship Program 2023 is available to citizens of a developing country.
In addition to the Jay Jordan Scholarship Program 2023, there are other scholarships available for international students to study abroad. You can check our scholarship by country to access all available scholarships.
The OCLC Professional Development award includes the following for each fellow:
- Air ticket
- Class buses, from the recipient’s country of origin to the United States and back to the recipient’s country of origin.
- Library tour transportation (arranged by OCLC);
- Hosting (hosted by OCLC)
- Meals including meals;
- Salud Seguro (organized by OCLC).
Jay Jordan Scholarship Program Eligibility 2023
Jay Jordan IFLA OCLC Scholarship 2023 – Candidates must:
- Being an employee in a library or information center.
- Be a citizen of a developing country and work in that country as a librarian or information scientist;
- The qualifying diploma may vary depending on the country of origin, but must be the recognized diploma in library or computer science in the country.
- Have obtained the qualification diploma in the last five years;
- At least three to a maximum of eight years of library or information science experience;
- Read and speak English proficiently.
- Prepare to team up with other members and participate as needed in this dynamic program.
- have a valid passport
- Be able to obtain documents that allow legal entry into the United States or any other country required to participate in the program;
How to Apply for Jay Jordan Scholarship Program 2023
Qualified candidates for this Career Development Scholarship must prepare and submit:
- An application in Word or PDF.
- Two letters of recommendation with original signatures and
- A letter from your employer confirming their support for your application and your willingness to travel to the US to participate in the 2023 program
- Download the application form, complete it and submit it along with the other application documents here.
Jay Jordan Scholarship Program 2023 Application Deadline
Jay Jordan’s IFLA OCLC fellowship 2023 Application is not in progress. The portal for this professional development scholarship closes in September.