Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) is pleased to announce its Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship Application 2022.
This scholarship is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students from financially weak families to take regular full-time courses available at Jamia Millia Islamia University.
The Vice-Chancellor of JMI awards Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship from the ‘Central Scholarship Fund’.
Preference will be given to the female student so that at least 50% of the total number of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam scholarships are open to female students. The scholarship will be available to 75 students in the current academic year.
Under this scheme, JMI reimburses the gross fee to the student subject to the maximum limit of Rs. 10,000 per student per year. This scheme will not be available for students of self-financed courses.
The scholarship for which an application must be submitted for a given year will be valid from the corresponding academic year.
The scholarship will be awarded for one academic year, extendable to the following year, provided there is satisfactory academic performance and personal conduct.
However, the student must reapply for the continuation of the scholarship.
About the sponsor:
Jamia Millia Islamia is a central public university in Delhi. It was established during British rule in 1920. It became a Central University by an act of the Parliament of India in 1988.
Sir Sarwar Jung of Delhi designed the University. Jamia Millia Islamia is a NAAC accredited “A” grade Central University and one of the top universities in the country.
A. P. J. Abdul Kalam
Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam was the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007. A career scientist turned statesman, Kalam was born and raised in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, and studied physics and aerospace engineering.
This scholarship was named after him as a recognition of his contribution to the educational system of the countries. APJ Abdul Kalam is also known as India’s Missile Man.
Jamia Millia Islamia entrance exam
Jamia Millia Islamia University (JMI) conducts entrance examinations to pre-select applicants for admission to courses offered in courses such as:
- of the genome,
- Architecture and planning,
- hospitality and travel,
- mass communication,
- Humanities and Social Sciences,
- Commerce as well as Teaching and Education.
Jamia Millia Islamia Entrance Examination Dates for Entry to Different Undergraduate and Postgraduate Courses
What You Need To Know About Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2022
Level/field of study
This scholarship is available to both undergraduates and postgraduate students to study any course at the university.
The scholarship is to be taken at Jamia Millia Islamia (JMI) University in New Delhi.
The scholarship is open to Indian nationals to further their education.
All applicants will receive cash benefits so they can resubmit their education and reduce the burden of paying tuition.
Also, check out these Latest Fully Funded Scholarships.
Eligibility Criteria for Abdul kalam Scholarship 2022 :
To qualify for the Abdul Kalam Scholarship, candidates must be:
- Citizens of India.
- Bonafide student of Jamia Millia Islamia undergraduate/graduate student Regular course and good conduct.
- Applicant must have at least 75% attendance.
- Candidates must have passed the class XII exam OR the university degree to be eligible for the scholarship.
- Candidates must be from a financially weak family whose income should not exceed Rs.2.0 Lac (Rs. Two Lacs only) per year.
- The reserve of 50% of the scholarship will be for female students of Jamia Millia Islamia.
- Students, who have been awarded the Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam Scholarship by the University, are entitled to receive a stipend or any financial aid from any other source.
However, if the student receives any stipend or financial assistance from any other source, the Dean, of Student Welfare (DSW) must be notified immediately.
How To Apply For Abdul Kalam Scholarship 2022
Applicants may collect and submit application forms at the Dean’s office, Student Welfare, (Dr. Ansari Auditorium, Door Number 13) on or before the application deadline.
Please submit all necessary documents with the application form. Forms can also be downloaded from the university.
Below is a sample of what the online application form looks like:
Abdul Kalam Scholarship Online Application Form
Eligible students of Jamia Millia Islamia must apply for the scholarship in the prescribed format along with certified copies of the following documents:
- School leaving certificate as proof of age;
- Identity card issued by the university;
- Certificate of income of the family/parents issued by the competent authority;
- Death certificate of the Mother/Father (in cases of death);
- Writing about the justification for obtaining the scholarship (no more than 300 words);
- The request must be sent by the Dean of the Faculty / Head of Department / Director of the Center;
- Qualification sheet of the last approved exam;
Deadline for application
Unfortunately, the scholarship application is not currently active. However, if it is open, the application begins in December of each year and its deadline is January 31 of each year.
However, applicants should visit the application link section below to keep up to date with any updates regarding the scholarship.
For more information on the Abdul Kalam Scholarship application, interested applicants should click on the link below: