The Independent Schools Foundation Academy is offering the ISF Academy IB Diploma Scholarships Program for Hong Kong students.
The ISF Academy Board of Governors has established its Scholarship Program to encourage our students to strive for excellence in their chosen passions, whether in academics, the arts, athletics, or other areas.
This scholarship program provides for a fee remission of 50% to 100% of annual tuition and, in the case of the Special Talent Scholarship, an annual allowance to reimburse Special Talent expenses such as training and competition fees.
Scholarships are available to pursue the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IB PD).
About ISF Academy IB Diploma Scholarships
The goal of the program is to encourage and motivate our students to strive for academic excellence and balanced development.
The Independent Schools Foundation Academy is a non-profit bilingual private school in Hong Kong.
It is also an IBO World School and offers the Middle Years Program and the Diploma Programme. The campus is in Cyberport, Pokfulam, Hong Kong.
ISF Academy IB Diploma Scholarships are available to pursue the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program (IBDP).
Scholarships are awarded to study the subjects offered by the university.
ISF Academy IB Diploma Scholarships provide the recipient with:
- 100% annual tuition referral fee for the two-year IB DP in grades 11 and 12; Y
- An exemption from the Capital Contribution Plan in grades 11 and 12 for transfer students.
Number of scholarships
There are up to five two-year IB DP scholarships available to Grade 10 students. Applicants in Grade 11 may also apply for a one-year IB DP scholarship if one becomes available;
Place of study
This scholarship can be taken in Hong Kong.
Hong Kong citizens are eligible to apply.
To be eligible for the ISF Academy IB Diploma Scholarships in Hong Kong, 2022, certain conditions must be met.
- Students with outstanding academic achievements in the last three years. (Note that more emphasis is placed on the most recent school reports). Non-ISF Academy students are in the top 5 academically at their current school.
- ISF Academy students must achieve a Commitment to Learning grade of at least “4” for each individual subject and earn the following grades in the two years prior to their application:
- In grades 8-10 achieving ISF Summa Cum Laude (top 5% in class) on their report / an average of at least “6.3” (out of “7”) in their MYP and non-MYP subjects without a subject scoring lower to “4”;
- At Grade 11, at least 38 points out of the total score of 42 points (excluding Theory of Knowledge and Extended Essay bonus points).
- To remain on the scholarship, students must:
- remain in excellent academic standing / Commitment to learning; Y
- Contribute to the community;
- Serve as a role model for the student body.
To remain on the scholarship, students must:
- Remain in excellent academic standing / Commitment to learning;
- Contribute to the community; Y
- Serve as a role model for students.
Meeting the eligibility criteria does not guarantee the award of a scholarship. In particular, the academic eligibility requirements are a guide as to the minimum requirements expected. The award of the scholarship is at the sole discretion of the school.
The eligibility for the scholarship to be awarded is based on the student’s re-enrollment and return in the following academic year.
Scholarship recipients who withdraw from the ISF without notice will be required to pay 100% of the total fees in lieu of notice.
University Admission Requirement
Entry Requirement: Applicants must have a previous degree.
How to apply?
An application for the ISF Academy IB Diploma Scholarships is considered complete only if it is accompanied by the following documents:
- Completed scholarship application form
- Names and contact details of two confidential referees. Please request permission to use the referee’s name in advance. However, please do not include written references. The scholarship committee will contact the referees separately.
- Copies of official transcripts/school report cards, both interim and final, from the previous three years. Reports issued by the ISF Academy do not need to be submitted. (That is, only submit reports for years the applicant did not study at the ISF Academy.)
- Copies of any award/performance/exhibition certificates, etc.
- three personal statements
- Any other information that the applicant believes supports their application.
Deadline for application
Deadline for submission of forms:
- Applications for the college scholarship must be submitted by December 14; and
Applications for the 6th-12th grade scholarships are due by January 5th. Transfer students who miss the January deadline may contact the Admissions Office.